SIGforum
Huge hanger holes in silicone hot pads

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4490053054

December 02, 2018, 04:13 PM
sigfreund
Huge hanger holes in silicone hot pads
Why? They make it necessary to carefully orient them every time to avoid having the hole between the hot stuff and one’s hand/finger.

Yes, they make it possible to hang them from the 60-penny nails driven into the $5000 cabinets in the kitchen, but I don’t hang them up, they go in a pile so I can pull out the one(s) I want without removing all the rest (or having a half dozen 60-penny nails driven into the $5000 cabinets). And if I want a hole in a silicone hot pad, I can make my own in about two seconds that’s more suited to the size of the nails necessary to hold up their massive weight.

Why this? I figure that all the smart manufacturers of silicone products are monitoring the most informative site on the web, and maybe—just perhaps—one will say, “Hey, I never thought that people might want to use our pads without burning the ever-lovin’ out of their hands; what a good idea!”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
December 03, 2018, 03:41 PM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
...60-penny nails

are you saying nails are 60 cents each now?

I remember when they were a penny....
December 03, 2018, 04:42 PM
cparktd
Makes it much easier to get over a hook.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
December 03, 2018, 05:19 PM
tatortodd
To paraphrase a Sigforumite's Signature, "You hardly learn anything the 2nd time you burn your fingers on the hot pad hanger hole"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
December 03, 2018, 05:50 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
To paraphrase a Sigforumite's Signature, "You hardly learn anything the 2nd time you burn your fingers on the hot pad hanger hole"

Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato