SIGforum
Amazon political correctness

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4440084394

July 18, 2022, 01:42 PM
mojojojo
Amazon political correctness
Purchased a relic item from the Civil War recently and want to display it. I thought a small brass plaque would go well with it stating where it was recovered.

I can order from several places online, but found out you can from Amazon as well. The size I'm going to get is 1" x 3" and Amazon is about 1/3 the price. Great right? Not so fast.

They will not let me use the word Confederate. Not in any way. But type in f*ck you, douchebag, c*cksucker, etc. and those are just fine for use in your personalized brass plaque. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself.

I posed the question to a vendor and they replied that they do not set the rules on words that are approved. Amazon does.

It's not the money difference (although saving $15 would be nice). It's the ridiculous political correctness bullshit. Can't refer to our Southern history, but if I want a plaque saying fuck you you cocksucking douchebag...well that's perfectly fine.

Maybe I should order a plaque with that on it and send it to Jeff Bezos?

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
July 18, 2022, 01:58 PM
smschulz
Can't you just deal directly with manufacturer/vendor?
or find some one local?
July 18, 2022, 02:12 PM
mojojojo
yes, but you're missing the point. I'll get the plaque made elsewhere. My point is "Confederate" is more obscene to Amazon than the foulest words.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
July 18, 2022, 03:50 PM
HRK
Just went to Amazon, typed Confederate into the search bar and got 6000 results, the first page has books, artwork, a Civil War Confederate Grey cap, swords, plants (confederate jasmine)

Link

July 18, 2022, 03:56 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Just went to Amazon, typed Confederate into the search bar and got 6000 results, the first page has books, artwork, a Civil War Confederate Grey cap, swords, plants (confederate jasmine)

Link

I think the OP was just referring to custom engraving.

I went in and tried getting custom engraving with Confederacy and had no problem.

Here's the URL I used: https://www.amazon.com/Engrave...Z0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1
July 18, 2022, 04:47 PM
Nismo
Switch the English letter e with Russian ะต to get past filters.
July 18, 2022, 07:00 PM
HRK
quote:
I think the OP was just referring to custom engraving.

Got it, tried that too, it worked on your link, maybe he just hit a vendor that's a yankee

July 18, 2022, 07:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
yes, but you're missing the point. I'll get the plaque made elsewhere. My point is "Confederate" is more obscene to Amazon than the foulest words.

Bezos, Amazon, WaPo, all fucking leftists. That's why they will never get dime from me, even if they were the last vendor on earth.

Q