SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cell phone use in the gym, sauna, pool. Including camera.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell phone use in the gym, sauna, pool. Including camera. Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
What's the deal w/ people using cell phones in the gym? Not just in the machine / weight areas but in the sauna, jacuzzi, pool and locker rooms. Places where people might be naked (except I guess the jacuzzi and pool). Not just calls but taking pictures, selfies, video calls.

Do people do this in your area? Or is this just a CA thing? This is at a relatively upscale health club too - $150/month.

To me, it's just rude and inconsiderate just to use the cell phone. Camera stuff - I have no words....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12678 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same feces goes on at the range I'm working at. People won't get off the phone at the counter, making transactions next to impossible, then insist on having their friends shoot video or take photos of them when they are in the booths. We have a rule against it, but of all the infractions we have to deal with it's probably least serious.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My ex-girlfriend would do photos and Facebook live streaming from the gym, especially while on the treadmill.

I don't remember her tens of thousands of followers complaining.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A lot of phone use in my gym. The ones that are serious about exercising don’t do it as much. I admit to looking at SF between sets…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Attention whore society. If they didn't take a selfie can they tell others if it really happened?

Posts: 787 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s rampant at the gym. People camping on benches, equipment, surfing on their phones. It’s infuriating and shit behavior. I’m in there to get work done and get out. I just don’t have an extra 30 minutes to budget around your bullshit phone addiction. You can play on your wittle phone at home sunshine. Why even drive to the gym? The fucking thing is a pacifier to these people. They just have to suck on it incessantly.

Yup we got multiple people who film themselves. One clown brings in a tripod for one phone then spends the rest of the time playing on a 2nd phone. Wherever this clown is, we all leave like it’s the plague. What is worse is he is fat with a belly. He does few sets, few reps and lots of weight and certainly doesn’t know how to eat with his big fat gut. I’m thinking dude who wants to watch your lift man?

Then you have the wannabe women, who think they are hot, but they are not. Filming themselves for Tik Thot or Instacrap. They really think they are hot. Chub wubbing it in yoga pants and I’m like honey you need to lose 30 pounds. It’s always some girl/lady who thinks she is a lot more attractive than she really is. I mean you take a step back and look at what they are doing and you understand how powerful marketing is on many people. I don’t deal with it at all. If I even think they are getting me lifting in their shots I go grab an employee who then lectures them about filming other people in the gym. Phone addiction is real man. It’s up there with crack heads.

Then you have the people on FaceTime or just on a phone call the whole time cackling away. They are consistently distracted so they aren’t getting anything done and just bogarting a bench, equipment, etc. It’s just amazing to see all the various idiots up there who think just being there is going to do something. Nah, you have to put in work. Get off the fucking phone!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It's hard to not laugh while working out at the 20-somethings taking selfies in the mirror when I'm trying to lift weights. I love the faces they make. Big Grin

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17236 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same morons who bring their phone into Church and have it constantly beeping during the sermon!!! Leave it in the car!!! Unless you're a trauma surgeon or POTUS believe me, you're not that important!!!

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I despise these people. I call them campers and squatters. The campers will drop their trash at a bench or machine and then wander about the gym. In the old days, no biggie because they were probably super setting or doing giant sets. You knew they were going to move on eventually. Not today, now they wander about the gym on their cell phone and never move their trash. The squatters are worse because they’ll just sit on a bench or machine and stay on their cell phone. They get all offended when you ask if they’re done. The irony is the gym is posted everywhere with signs saying no cell phone use on the gym floor.

Posts: 176 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now go before 12 noon phone use is mostly the younger crowd and they are to lazy to get there early. Same morons that still text and talk in the car at a green light or in the fast lane.

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post