SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Weird exchange at Sam's club today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird exchange at Sam's club today Login/Join 
posted
Three lines were open to serve customers at the big box store.

Two lines had five people waing to get checked out ,
One line had two people waiting.

So,
I walk to the short line with a bit of wonderment.

As I load my three items on to the belt .

Scooter man claimed that I cut in front of 13 people ,
So I look around and now there is a another lady behind me.

I said "I don't understand"
And he comes back with
"Were you born an asshole or did it just happen this morning ?"

Half way through paying it hit me that he thought everyone was queuing up to wait for all three lines.

Instead of one que per register.

I still respected my elder because Mom said so.

Remained silent , perplexed confused and unsettled.

25 years ago I would have took the bait and wrangled a bit but that's not me anymore.

I asked the cashier if I screwed up,
She said I am not getting in to the middle while looking at me and shaking her head no

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54714 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Referring to "Scooter Man", all one has to do to see the asshole is look in the mirror. Just sayin'...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I would have been apologetic if I had actually screwed up UNTIL that prick opened his mouth. I would have torn him a new asshole.

Twat would have had to add a colostomy bag to his scooter.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17308 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I felt better somehow when he passed me in the parking lot and got up into his brand spanking new 3/4 ton $65,000.00 Denali pickup
With 11 viet Nam vet stickers and emblems, flags and military insignias
And five similar bumper stickers.

I gotta figure he has some kinda p.t.s.d crap goin on.

Posts: 54714 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I don't understand. Where did Scooterman come from? Was he just hanging out in the area waiting to pounce on unsuspecting line cutters?

Posts: 3391 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
With the Sam's app on your phone, you can scan and pay for your items on your phone, and the only line you might ever wait in is be cleared by the receipt checker. It's called Scan and Go, and some items have a posted lower price for using Scan and Go. Super easy.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
With the Sam's app on your phone, you can scan and pay for your items on your phone, and the only line you might ever wait in is be cleared by the receipt checker. It's called Scan and Go, and some items have a posted lower price for using Scan and Go. Super easy.

Yep. I like to buy steaks at Sam’s. I can walk in, grab my steaks, pay and leave before the people in line get to pay. You gotta check it out. Works if you have a bunch of stuff too. Just pay on your phone and walk right past everyone in line. Still have to wait in line at the door though.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I don't understand. Where did Scooterman come from? Was he just hanging out in the area waiting to pounce on unsuspecting line cutters?

He was next in line to load his groceries on to the
Belt at register two,

I went to register three ( the short line)

Everybody has a bad day ,
Now and again

I guess I am grateful to have someone that cares enough about me to speak up when I get the least bit out if parallax

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The way I heard it were three registers, and three lines...'Scooter Man' chose poorly!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8962 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

I do this every time I go to Sam's. I save at least 10 minutes of waiting in the cashier's line. Same deal with the Chick-fil-A app. It saves a bunch of time and you earn free food.

Posts: 3233 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If you ask me, this is Sams Club’s fault; they should be crystal clear if it’s one line feeding into three or three separate lines.

Posts: 33897 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have often thought that Costco (and other stores, where applicable) should have two lines:

• One for the next available staffed checkout, and

• One for the next available self checkout.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
  •  
    Posts: 30743 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Thank you
    Very little
    Picture of HRK
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by V-Tail:
    I have often thought that Costco (and other stores, where applicable) should have two lines:

• One for the next available staffed checkout, and

• One for the next available self checkout.

• The one near me does, and now that they have an ID checker for the membership cards it works better, less people jumping back and forth as one line moves quicker than the other.

PASig Agreed, if they don't have a sign or roped off place to wait for next in line then Scooter was the A-hole, I don't care how many stickers his truck has...

Posts: 23594 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    We did the same thing sort of , at Cosco . There was one long line that had an employee at the head that would direct the person to the next available register . There was such a large gap that it looked like nobody was in line at the registers so we thought we hit the jackpot . The line bouncer politely told us that the line started " back there " . Kind of embarrassing but nobody called us assholes .

Posts: 4071 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Low Profile Member
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

That would have ended the conversation right there.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    safe & sound
    Picture of a1abdj
    posted Hide Post
    There are two types of lines around here in stores.

The first is as you describe. Multiple stations with their own individual lines.

The second has a single inlet that leads to the multiple stations. The person in the front of that line goes to the next available station.

You didn't do anything wrong.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Green Highlander
    posted Hide Post
    I would have started singing to the guy.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2390 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by nasig:
    quote:

That would have ended the conversation right there.

It did

posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by a1abdj:
    There are two types of lines around here in stores

The second has a single inlet that leads to the multiple stations. The person in the front of that line goes to the next available station.

You didn't do anything wrong.

In the many years I've shopped there, it's the first time
    Your type B.

Paradigm has been suggested.

Just weird