SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate having to order everything!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate having to order everything!!!! Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
FWIW I now breed and raise velociraptors.

I used to run a small unicorn farm but those little suckers are mean.

I currently have two... Reggie likes to be scratched between the eyes. He's like a big puppy dog, that will eat annoying neighborhood children. Karen (aptly named) is a little bitey...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37976 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
FWIW I now breed and raise velociraptors.

I used to run a small unicorn farm but those little suckers are mean.

I currently have two... Reggie likes to be scratched between the eyes. He's like a big puppy dog, that will eat annoying neighborhood children. Karen (aptly named) is a little bitey...
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great,
The Farm and Fleet has stopped carrying big and tall
Lee Carpenter jeans.

ND of course nobody knows anything about why, when or if

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A trend I have noticed lately is the big box stores do not carry all items available on their website, just the more expensive version.

I was looking for washing machine hoses. They had the SS, color coded (hot/cold) on the shelf, but the standard black rubber generic hose for half the price had to be ordered. Amazon had them to me at less cost in a day or two longer than the ordered part from the big box store.

Also, when I was looking for parts for my lawn mower, the air filter from big box stores were $15, fuel line filters were $8. I found air filters on Amazon 2 for $10 and fuel filters 10 for $6. Did I need 2 air filters and 10 fuel filters? No, but spending less $ was worth the wait.

It may sound like I am cheap, but I prefer frugal.

John

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
It may sound like I am cheap, but I prefer frugal.
Thrifty. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t see why it’s a big deal. As soon as I think about it, Alexa and Cortana already have it ready for me to buy. Lol.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post