SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Unreliable siblings
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unreliable siblings Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Certain relatives for family holiday potluck get-togethers always were assigned desserts to bring because we knew we didn’t want to depend on them for part of the meal and we knew there would be more than enough desserts without them.

Posts: 391 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
The sister I am referring to in my OP was recently gifted quite a bit of furniture from a generous aunt.

Her only responsibility is to rent a truck and come down to the cities and pick everything up and bring it back to her home.

Instead of doing what she should be doing, she and her husband are going to borrow someone’s “trailer“ and they hope to have it unloaded from the house in about an hour. LOL

I told her it took me an hour to load up the small van worth of things I was able to get from our aunt, it will take her at least twice that as everything is still staged in the house and not sitting in the garage waiting to be loaded.

I also reminded her that she should ask her husband if he has any friends in the area who can help them move things because some of it is quite heavy, she said they would figure it out.

There is a 100% chance the trailer they bring is not going to be big enough.

There is a 100% chance they are not going to get any help and her husband will not be able toGet this furniture out of the house and into the truck by himself.

There is a 100% chance I will not be answering my phone or text messages tomorrow when she calls in a panic looking for me to help move.
So how did it turn out...as you expected?

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post