SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Army worms!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army worms! Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
This is my third batch of these voracious little rascals. I’ve sprayed twice on my prize hay meadow. Ruined my ROI on fertilizer this year. The meadow had just about snapped back was gonna be ready to cut this weekend anyway.
But, these things have eaten probably close to 1/3 of the meadow in less than 24 hours.

Any farmer or rancher that says he is against gambling is a hypocrite.

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I so distinctly remember them coming in one year when I was a kid. It looked like an ocean with surf moving in and they ate everything in a matter of a couple of hours

Posts: 450 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The worst. As a kid of the 80’s I remember them papering the sides of houses/trees.

So bad on the streets in my neighborhood that the city ran snow plows to clear them off the roads. Caused so many accidents.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're all over our yard. My wife found one inside the house today, and of course she freaked out over it. Thankfully it didn't eat her.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3628 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I made 60 rolls. The rolls averaged 1200 lbs.
Last year, on less acreage, I got 165 rolls.

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last time we had an infestation was in the 80s. My yard was covered with birds who were having a feast. Went to the Coop and got some insecticide. Gone within a week.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post