SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx Ground is the service I have the most trouble with
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx Ground is the service I have the most trouble with Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that flys for FedEx and gets a huge discount, he won’t use them.

Our local FedEx tweaker (driver) keeps turning around on my lawn. I have 2 gravel turn around areas at the end of the concrete apron, but that’s apparently too difficult.

My wife has caught him and showed him the places to turn around, and he used them for a couple deliveries, then, thinking we were not home, backed into my yard again. But, I WAS home! So he, Jesus and I had a little impromptu on site safety meeting.
Now he stops half way down the gravel drive, walks the boxes to the door and backs out to the street. Fine with me.

We always avoid FedEx ground.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Fed Ex ground tracking is an absolute joke.

It says it will be delivered on such and such day, then just before that day, it changes delivery to another day 3 days hence or so and then the next day it magically appears on my doorstep.

As someone said, tracking is something to keep you occupied while you wait.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a NIB Ham radio delivered from Phoenix to Tucson in just one day. UPS ground was the delivery firm.

A Sneaky Pete holster for a Seecamp .43acp was ordered 13 days ago and had yet to be delivered.
USPS this time.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Fedex Ground sucks green donkey dicks!!!!

I need cat food for the little beast. I can't find locally what he prefers.

He doesn't like or ask for people food. He does not like cat food with grains, they irritate his stomach and make him throw up.

I'd found a Purina cat food that he liked and did not irritate his stomach. And of course, Purina discontinued it.

And of course, Purina introduced a "new" cat food that appears to be identical to the discontinued one, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately I can't find it locally.

So off to the Internet I go. I find it in stock at Chewy. Never interacted with Chewy before, but I ordered it from them. Ordered about 3 or 4 months worth. They shipped it Fedex Ground.

Chewy was awesome, shipped it quickly.

Then FEDEX showed to have delivered it. Wrong. My ring door bell never went off, nothing on my front porch or even the sidewalk.

I decided to wait one more day, cuz I hear stories that FEDEX Ground sometimes will mark it as delivered and then deliver the next day.

Next day, no box on my porch. It rained all day.

Next day, no box on my porch. I call Chewy, tell them FEDEX Ground sucks, woman agrees, says will reship the order at no charge to me.

That evening I got in my car, which is parked in the garage. Guess who backed over a cardboard box and heard the crunching sound? Me.

I get out, look and realize there's a box under the back end of my car. Wedged in. Soaking wet from the rain.

I get it pulled out and realize it's the cat food delivery.

Blankety Blank FEDEX Ground asshole delivery driver came back and put it on the driveway just in front of the garage door. WTF? How lazy! It's just a hop, a skip, and a jump to go around the corner and then walk up my sidewalk to my front porch and place the box there! And, it'd be out of the rain!!

Lazy shithead fedex ground driver, you suck green donkey dicks!!

And, oh yeah, the replacement that Chewy sent me?

FEDEX showed it as delivered, but once again my ring door bell never went off and nothing was on my front porch or sidewalk.

I walked around and guess what, the replacement box from Chewy was placed on my driveway, just barely 6 inches or so from the garage door. It didn't rain this time, but if it had it'd been soaked.

And not to mention, both times the lazy assed fedex ground delivery driver placed boxes on my driveway by the garage door, that's in full view of people driving by. We do occasionally have porch pirates around here.

My conclusion is this: Chewy did an outstanding job, except for using poor judgment using FEDEX Ground. But I get it, it's a cost decision thing. As for Fedex Ground, they suck.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon has been our pain in the ass. The deliver to the wrong house. Or, they toss it at the front door. Nothing has broken yet.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The wife got an email this morning that her package was delivered! with a different place on. the photo. After whining and crying for a with a different place, she discovred it was 2 blocks up the road. She took the dog and went for a walk. Yep, there was her package. Those idiots shouldn't have jobs.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
FedEx ground is the absolute worst. They'll let packages sit in Indy for a week without moving, or say stuff is out for delivery then not deliver it, and lie about why. The worst is when they do this when it's a signature required pacakage and I'm stuck sitting around the house all day waiting for it and it never comes....and then the delivery moron has the gall to say I wasn't home.

I guess in light of recent events, I should just be happy that my local driver hasn't abducted and murdered any of my children, or raped anybody, because apparently they suck at doing background checks on their employees, too. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...spect-2014-teen.html

FedEx Ground is the worst.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Thankfully FedEx Ground service around here is pretty darned good; no issues whatsoever. Can't say anything good about USPS though... they suck donkey dongs!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The items get delivered. They take a picture with each delivery.

I check the pic and think 'Where in the Fitzgerald is this?'

They are 0 for 3 for the past month. I'm constantly asking shippers to us USPS instead.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
FedEx Ground is so incompetent. SLS straps were supposed to be delivered Friday. FedEx tries at 4:17pm Friday. Hmmm....says Ptl. Chow #51.

Driver goes to city hall and it's locked. Totally ignores the big doors 15 feet to the right that says Police Department. Says business closed and leaves.

Monday, another driver comes after 5, walks up to the locked PD doors, ignores the sign that says pick up phone and leaves.

Today, the fedex driver never showed up. I'm rerouting it to a Walgreens in a nearby city and will now have to go on my days off (I'm off this week) to get these holster parts.

Thankfully we had spare holsters that I could take two out of service when the SLS springs broke.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One Fed Ex driver for my neighborhood thinks it proper to leave packages on top of the brick structure that houses the mailbox in front of each house. It’s like posting a “steal me” sign for thieves.

I called their main office and was told that they are only obligated to deliver to the “property”.
Anywhere over the property line and on the property is fine.

I advised him that the mailbox property is not “on the property”, but on the easement, which extends 10 feet from the road edge.

Guess it will now be tossed into the yard 10 feet from the road.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post