SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mean wife that won't let me have anymore beagles.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mean wife that won't let me have anymore beagles. Login/Join 
posted
I love beagles. I don't hunt, I just love the breed. Since they are pack animals, you have to get at least 2. Well, one of my beagles had some big name disease and she died. I have one left and she is 11 years old. The clock is ticking. My wife doesn't want to have anymore dogs. She says we are too busy with the kids and it wouldn't be fair to have a dog that is home alone all the time. She's probably right, but it still bums me out.

Sometimes, I buy a powerball ticket. People ask what I would do with my winnings and I always say: Beagle farm.

Anyway, since this is the rant forum, I figured I would let off some steam.

Thanks.

Posts: 671 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm now single but I still have my dogs. Just sayin Wink

Posts: 652 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I grew up with dogs, including a beagle. After moving out on my own after college I always wanted to get my own dog, but felt the same way - that it wasn't fair or right to leave a dog alone all day while I was working. So I went without one for years and years. My brother who drives an 18-wheeler and always has at least one dog with him, kept telling me I was wrong and that a dog would be fine and would always be happy to see me when I came home. I couldn't make myself believe that so continued to be dog-less.

So about 20 years ago I met this gal and we dated for a while. She has 3 daughters who were 8, 9 and 16 at the time. They also had a big female GSD. Well, she was an alcoholic and fundamentally irresponsible, and wound up going to jail for like six months. The 2 younger girls, by then 11 and 12, went into foster care. She has since straightened herself out and they're all doing good now. But the dog, they couldn't keep. She was such a sweet dog, I just couldn't see letting her go to a shelter. I decided to take a chance on her and adopted her. She turned out to be a great friend and companion for me for another 10 years until she passed away.

Just sayin. Wink

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My third & smartest Beagle. He watched me trim a shrub. When I finished I went inside & sat down at my computer. He then came inside to to show me what he had done.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4276 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
When we first moved into our current neighborhood there was a neighbor had a beagle they used to let have the run of the place. She always used to come spend some time with us when we were outside and we'd play with her. She was the coolest dog.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Have a friend who raises / traines(rabbit dogs) / sells beagle puppies / even competeing in trials.. The Otis line.... Predomately black bodies with the drown markings around head area making them look different than a standard beagle............................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2015 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ya, but she didn't say anything about Jack Russell Terriers, did she?

Get one and she'll be begging you to get rid of it and get another beagle in a week.

Obviously, don't do this as it wouldn't be fair to the Jack Russell Terrier.

Posts: 10976 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Kids need a k9. It’s good for them. Teaches responsibility, and to appreciate animals. Keep pushing dude.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12645 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
A girl I was living with had a Beagle and that dog would wink at you. You could as it a silly question and :Wink:. Sweet disposition as long as she got a daily walk in.

Posts: 4813 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
If you alone are caring for the dogs, I mean vet, kenneling, walks, feeding, etc, then, why not? Otoh, if she’s doing the bulk of it, then I think she’s giving you fair warning that she’s overwhelmed.
Best of luck.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5332 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife said that we would never have another Dog after we had to put our last one down . I told her we would . He's snoozing on the couch next to me .

Posts: 4064 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Similar problem. Gained weight, wife won't let me have any more bagels. Big Grin

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are on our last dog because the kids are now gone and we want to be able to travel without needing a dog sitter. We love our Lab and she's almost 12 years old. She sheds like a hurricane and she's currently living with some type of weird health issue that we've decided that it's cost-prohibitive to resolve (with little to no benefit for her).

This is our last dog unfortunately, but we both reached that conclusion and it's for the best.

Although my brother does have two male yellow lab pups that are ready for a new home on Christmas!

P229

Posts: 3836 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post