SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nextdoor
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nextdoor Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
There are some seriously weird folks out there.

About once a month someone complains about people not cleaning up after their dogs--usually with photos. Most of us know what dog shit looks like.

There's the lady who complained about train noises. We could put tires on them, add a steering wheel, let 'em use I-95.

This is my current favorite (from this morning):
"Someone was in my yard last night. Since last night was the full moon, I put out some moon water to get charged by the moons energy, I put the mason jar full of water outside almost on my back porch..." (I didn't read any more.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I had for our local neighborhood and area for a while and it too had some real wacko's on it. But you got some good info on which local businesses were ripping people off and some good info on local repairmen and tree services and things like that. Mine suddenly quit working and I couldn't post and they couldn't fix it. I just got rid of it and even that was a PITA to so.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1855 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Can charged up moon water be used as a substitute for automotive headlight fluid…..asking for a friend. Smile

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS MOON WATER???

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can feel my BP go up when my wife reads me anything posted on there. We have our share of wackadoos in Upstate SC as well.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
There are some seriously weird folks out there.

Yes, and they seem attracted to Nextdoor likes moths to a bright light.

A friend asked me to get an account so I could help her argue against a school bond proposal. After one day of wading through that asylum, I deleted my account.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6368 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to go look up what nextdoor is.

I am so far in the boonies that we can't even use pigeons to carry our message, the damn neighbors shoot them for food.

quote:
Clean up behind your pets. I understand our babies must relieve themselves outside, no problem with that ,
However , today I was mowing my grass and found dog poop in our front yard.
I almost stepped on it
I have 2 dogs who go in my yard out back and I clean it up.
I certainly would not leave anything from my dogs behind in anyone else’s yard.

Just try to be considerate.. clean up behind your dogs .

Thank you

quote:
Short Pump Dog park. I’m at the park now and there are at least 10 piles that people have left laying for someone else to clean up. Please do not come to the park anymore if you are that lazy. There are bag dispensers all over the place. If one is empty then walk a little ways to the next one.

There are a couple of posts about grey and tan dogs roaming. I had to stifle a laugh. One guy asked if they were American howling retrievers.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard of moon pies, but not moon water.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Moon water? Bwahahahahaha!!
Probably one of those types that believes in astrological zodiac nonsense. "Well, I'm an asparagus so......"

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I want to be the first one to have an SD-45 with rims!

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Can charged up moon water be used as a substitute for automotive headlight fluid…..asking for a friend. Smile

Evidently it works better under the full moon so it must have some relationship to lunar brightness, i.e. Moonshine!

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
"Down the hills, our boys distill it out of corn mash. Smile I drank some a time or two, but no more. Kentucky bourbon will take the skin right off you. Of course once the proof gets up above 100, it'll burn. When the lights go out, its good to have some on hand. To fuel the lamps you understand, not for consumption.

The dump next door has been empty for maybe 16 or 17 years now. In the past I've written about it. Well, not really all that long, we had 2 queers living there a while back. Not legally you understand. 'Em boys ain't right.

A couple of real good friends have offered to burn it. Won't work, my wife would have my hide for that. She likes it empty.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

You take rainwater exposed it to the moon. The phase the moon relates to what you want it to do. Once to charge the water you….

“ Every morning until the next full moon, take a sip of your Moon Water on an empty stomach. With each sip you will strengthen yourself with the properties of the full moon. Open yourself to her energy of creativity, wildness, imagination and brightness ~ she is there for you. Remember the blessings and intentions you placed in her and let this be a new way to start your day with gratitude and connection to the light within you.

Moon energy is something we all experience bi-monthly as her ocean tides rise and fall and the Earth tides (body tides) create a displacement of the Earth, which is caused by the gravity of the Moon and the Sun. We may not feel it in a active sense any more than we do the spinning of the earth as it rotates on its axis, but as we tune into it we can feel her pull. We women are in bodily ceremony with her every month as we follow her cycle of 28 days in our menses. We feel her rhythm as she wanes and waxes and she calls to us on a deep emotional and nurturing level. We carry the vibration of her feminine power.“
https://www.healthline.com/health/moon-water
https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/moon-water

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since last night was the full moon, I put out some moon water to get charged by the moons energy, I put the mason jar full of water outside…

Interesting. I thought that was how KY Jelly was made.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:...

It flows from Moon River.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43809 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Nextdoor is a Karen magnet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30542 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I lasted about 2 weeks on Nextdoor maybe a year ago or so then deleted my account and never went back.

While the concept is good, in reality it’s a complete shitshow, it’s 90% people just bitching about their neighbors and neighborhood.

NOPE

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made it longer than two weeks, but not by much. Really serious wackos on there-Karens is just not strong enough to describe some of them.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I lasted about 2 weeks on Nextdoor maybe a year ago or so then deleted my account and never went back.

Same here, but just 2 days for me. Our Nextdoor neighborhood includes our community (150 lots), and a large, new development just down the road (2200 lots, mostly Californians, and with houses stacked right on top of each other). The one down the road is where all the Karens live. I'll stick to our own private mailing list that is just for our community only.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It sounds like a site in need of a stern hand. Perhaps I'll apply for the position. Razz

Karen: I'd like to speak to the manager

Me: Yo

Those harrdians will ride roughshod over you if allowed to.

Posts: 107251 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First time hearing about it. I'll take a pass.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post