SIGforum
Women customers at the cleaners

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4070074344

June 23, 2018, 04:00 PM
Pipe Smoker
Women customers at the cleaners
A few years ago, some Federal “consumer protection” agency was harassing dry cleaning businesses because they charged more to clean women’s shirts than men’s shirts. I don’t recall how that cane out, but likely I’m now paying more to get my shirts laundered as a result.

Yesterday, I was in line at my cleaners while some woman spend long minutes telling the clerk about special treatment required for many of her items. An all too common scene.

When I finally made it to the head of the line, I tossed my shirts and trousers on the counter. They were counted, I was handed a ticket, then left. Time is money!

Serious about crackers
June 23, 2018, 06:12 PM
sourdough44
And that’s the REAL reason they pay(used to anyway) more. It’s the same with haircuts.
June 23, 2018, 08:17 PM
NK402
Not as bad as finding yourself behind the fat lady in Walgreens with a cart full of crap and 4 pages of coupons, arguing with the clerk about, which coupons apply and which don't.
June 24, 2018, 06:46 AM
Jim Shugart
{Joke time}

Monica Lewinski's dry cleaner was hearing impaired. She took a dress up to the counter.
Monica: Can you remove this stain?
Cleaner: What? Come again?
Monica: No, it's red wine.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
June 24, 2018, 11:12 AM
arfmel
quote:
some woman spend long minutes telling the clerk about special treatment required for many of her items.

As if the cleaners would do anything she told them to.