SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It's A Backup & A Target Gun LoL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's A Backup & A Target Gun LoL Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking the pistol pictured is an exaggeration.

Maybe they like the smaller guns because they have smaller hands. Whatever feels best would be the go-to pistol of choice.

My buddies have Glock 19s and P365s and are able to shoot them well enough. For me they are just the wrong amount of small.

As far as customizing, I am guilty of that as well. Did I really need a Glock 22 in 7.65mm? A P227 in .38 Super?

I also got carried away customizing a Desert Eagle. Is that also wrong?

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See that’s why I commented. You actually ridiculed people for their choices. Hilarious, fools, those are your words. Then you compounded it by going to the ludicrous extreme. A Holosun 507k weighs how much? I’ll tell you. One (1) ounce. That’s it. As for lights, do you carry one? Or do you just think you can magically identify threats in the dark unlike the “fools”. Most people I know who carry one of these, carry it pretty small, perhaps an optic, perhaps not, usually a light but not necessarily a wml. Where the big magazines come in handy is as a reload. My personal carry has a standard sized frame (WC) with magguts innards and a Macro mag for a reload. It carries small and I’m carrying 30 rounds in a very compact package. Yes I also have an optic. 1 ounce heavier. Hilarious.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

Posts: 7508 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Most of the shooting I do with my Hellcat and XDs is at 100 yard steel. It's fun.

I feel bad for people who don't enjoy shooting their guns.

Yeah I don’t think many people realize how fun this is. There is something very satisfying about hearing that ping from 100yds out with a carry handgun.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I think is hilarious is someone who doesn't "care what it is capable of". That person would not surprise me that they suck at whatever activity they are attempting. Ever shot basketballs? (you can use almost any analogy) You take different and farther and harder shots to "see what you are capable of". You know why? Because the time you actually have that open shot isn't the time to wonder if you are capable of it.

This whole thread reeks of close minded thought. And ridicule. No one is putting a CMore on top of an LCP. They are putting a red dot that was specifically designed and sized for a sub compact or micro pistol that weighs basically what a round or two weighs yet it can make you faster, it can make you more accurate, and it can make your effective range increase. And it is completely optional. Yet let's mock those who have tried it and it works for them. Let's mock using a flashlight in a defensive shooting scenario, because we all know it's better to shoot when we can't see to identify the threats, right?

I think it is foolish to not shoot beyond whatever your brain has decided will be the scenario that you will use a gun to save your life. I think it is foolish to be so close minded and small that you are absolutely positive you know exactly how you will utilize your carry gun. That is so dumb a way of thinking it is hard to put it into words. Practice all kinds of different scenarios and uses and you still might be surprised. Practice only ONE and you are nearly guaranteed to be. Hilarious.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
That is so dumb a way of thinking it is hard to put it into words. Practice all kinds of different scenarios and uses and you still might be surprised. Practice only ONE and you are nearly guaranteed to be. Hilarious.

Geez dude, take a fucking pill or something.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh brother. I’m sorry my post gave you the vapors.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Not at all.
I just think it’s rude to call someone “foolish”, “dumb” and “close minded” just because they have a different opinion.
I love to push the limits of my carry gun out to and past 100 yards. (G26)
I also don’t call someone dumb because they don’t.

--------

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yet he can call people FOOLS and say that their actions are HILARIOUS and that gets a free pass from you? So if I put an optic on a subcompact or a wml and heaven forbid ask who makes a holster for that combo I am laughable, the butt of his personal joke? All while admitting an absolutely stunted idea of the capabilities of this gun. Sounds hypocritical as shit to me. Did you even read his post? Everything you are accusing me of is what he wrote in the OP.

Like I said, sorry it bugged you but glass houses and all.

Oh yeah, I forgot one. Calls them a WEIRDO too. Yet you jump my case for calling that out. Nonsense Mitch

How about you guys discuss your views of what he posted and ignore my views if it bugs you so much. Discuss his comments. Do you agree? Do you disagree with him? I get it, you don’t like my comments, can we move on?

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am laughable, the butt of his personal joke?
-
you guys discuss your views of what he posted and ignore my views

Why this so personal to you is known only to you.
-
That wish can be easily granted. POOF! Done!

OP - you do you and if you don’t care to see what capabilities your GOMG has…well it’s a free country. Personally, I think it’s challenging and fun as hell!
Try not to be a potty mouth calling people Hilarious or weirdos.

--------

Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
This was supposed to be a light-hearted post with a lil bit a poking at people in it guys. That was all my post intended to do. I had no idea so many would take it as a personal stab at their manhood or life decisions.

Like I said previously I laugh when I see a guy with a tiny lil gun loaded up with all kinds of goof-ball stuff trying to treat it like a target weapon.

It's funny to ME. If it isn't to you and you're the guy I called the goofball I laugh at then so be it. I was just trying to have a lil fun.

I have shot my small weapons at long range and am proficient enough with every weapon I own and use. I just don't personally think I would ever find the need to shoot at someone 100yrds away. That is fun target shooting though, so I use much better guns to do this and maybe just try to plink a few with my P938 or P365. Just my preference. I practice what Ifeel I need for my safety or to protect others, The rest is just having a bit of fun.

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 564 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Ah geez... don't shut down this discussion now! It is just getting fun!!! Razz

Posts: 4589 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Ah geez... don't shut down this discussion now! It is just getting fun!!! Razz

Hahahah yeah, I opened the thread this morning and thought damn! Guess my humor just doesn't translate to text well.

I will stand by what I said...if anyone has a Hellcat or 365 or any other tiny lil gun and it is actually pink n grey camo, with a red dot, bayonet, sling, olight, ext mag, ext release with Punisher grips then they're a goofball, a weirdo and they are hilarious to ME. Probably the same guy that carries a gold desert eagle 50cal in one of those wide elastic belly band belts LoL

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 564 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I can agree that if they have all that and a bayonet then it is strange. Words do matter though and while I missed your humor in your original post, I read quite clearly mocking people who put a red dot or a light on this gun. You probably live nearby, I would gladly let you shoot a 365 with a 1 ounce sight and a small but powerful wml. It doesn’t add much weight to the gun. I read your rant and it seemed directed at anyone who added any of that stuff. The problem is that a dot and a light aren’t the same as a bayonet or a gas pedal. FYI, most guys who add an extended mag release do it because they can’t activate it consistently otherwise. It’s a functional swap usually by guys with bigger mitts.

Perhaps I read your intent wrong. There are lots of derogatory remarks directed at guys who use red dots. This sure seemed like one of them. My apologies if I misread.

As for size, I wonder if Glock gets the same treatment though. They certainly took a small gun (43) and now it’s every bit as big as a G19. The 365 is absolutely a very capable bedside gun. In whatever size you like. Basically small, medium, or large with a simple module swap.

I said it years ago when I bought my first (of 6) version of the 365, this gun shoots as well in my hands as a much larger compact sized (G19 sized) gun. I have verified that anecdotally as well as under timer.

You get to use your gun as a doorstop if that is your desire, it is your gun. I will tell you quite objectively that you have self curtailed what that gun can do. Not in a “I can hit a 100 yard plate with my j frame” nonsense kind of way but in a this gun will shoot fast and accurate and at distance right up there with it’s bigger brethren. It’s so much more than you think it is.

As for the name calling, weapon lights and optics on a carry gun aren’t for weirdos. It is going to become more and more common. Nobody says you have to jump on that train but deriding them as fools won’t age well.

Either way, I will step out of this thread. I read mocking derision where you apparently thought you were just being funny. My bad.

Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
I was just having some fun about the guys that literally have ALL of those things on a lil 365 or hellcat or gun like that. Not one or two, literally all of those add-on's. I have red dots and love them, I have ext mags, ext releases, I have lights, holsters and slings and bayonets for the fun of just tossing them in a pic or in the safe as collectibles.

My father-in-law used to say curse me all you want but don't call me a fool or a dummy. I'll have to take a man out back once he says that. Guess that's still the case even when not directed at a specific man

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The OP made 2 points in his rambling post:
  • people add all kinds of claptrap to the P365 and it's hilarious. I haven't seen a single poster who doesn't get this point.
  • the gun is only a point blank gun. Shooting a P365 at 30 feet / 10 yards requires zero claptrap and the factory sites are sufficient. The OP seems confused by this, keeps looping back to bullet #1, and then calling everyone confused.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of FLKev
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    The OP made 2 points in his rambling post:
  • people add all kinds of claptrap to the P365 and it's hilarious. I haven't seen a single poster who doesn't get this point.
  • the gun is only a point blank gun. Shooting a P365 at 30 feet / 10 yards requires zero claptrap and the factory sites are sufficient. The OP seems confused by this, keeps looping back to bullet #1, and then calling everyone confused.

• You are one of the weirdos I'm talking about----What in da hell are you talking about? And you have the nerve to talk about confused? Go find something better to do --- like a reading comprehension course

Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Let's take it easy on the name-calling, please. State your case, defend your position, but do it politely. That goes for all of you.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post