SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No UPS in the country will ship firearms--it's federal law!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No UPS in the country will ship firearms--it's federal law! Login/Join 
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
While she's clearly wrong, it's also accurate that no UPS Store will accept them for shipment I believe. Unless their own rules have changed in the past 4 years. Same is true for FedEx stores.

IME, that very reasonable price won't be in the end once they price it at overnight delivery. That's the only way they'll take them as well.
Most if not all UPS stores are Franchisees and they do not have the licenses to sell or ship firearms. Just go to the distribution center and save yourself the hassle. I recently shipped a firearm to the manufacture for service and it went by 6 to 8 day ground delievery both ways. I have been told by UPS that the way they ship firearms is up to the Corp. I remember a few yrs ago they would only ship by air but like I said they shipped one by ground for me.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’m cautious about using USPS (requires a Form 1508).

I had my FFL ship one a couple years ago. In transit, the box was opened by a USPS employee, extra mags taken out, resealed, and sent on its way. The receiving PO was actually suspicious about the retaped box and took photos. After the buyer questioned me on the mags, I contacted the receiving PO and got copies of the photos. Nothing was ever done.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told buy the UPS Store they could not accept it.

I did a scheduled pickup and the big brown truck picked it up from my work.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
I’m cautious about using USPS (requires a Form 1508).

Only if you are a manufacturer or dealer.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post