SIGforum
How hard is it to understand assigned seats

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4010005624

June 29, 2017, 09:03 AM
sureshot45
How hard is it to understand assigned seats
Theater here has assigned seating (and really big reclining chairs) and has pretty much become the only place I watch movies mostly because you can pick your seat.

4 of us go to the movie last night and when we show up there is a lady in my seat and her dog in a duffle bag in my brothers seat. I ask her what seat she has thinking there may have been a mix up .

Lady: I'm in C6
Me: Oh well I'm in F4
Lady: OK well where is that
Me: Your sitting in it
Lady: (While getting up to leave) Well it's not like there aren't plenty of empty seats to you could have sat in.
Me: Their assigned seats....

She then moves 1 row down and sure enough people show up for their seats and she has to move over and while in the middle of complaining about how she doesn't want to sit down in the front where her seat is yet more people show up and she has to move again.

After the 4th time she has to move she leaves the dog in a seat and gone for about 10 minutes during which the person assigned to the seat the dog is left in arrives. She finally shows up to collect the dog and leaves.

I just don't get it.

ro'ark leather
June 29, 2017, 09:14 AM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
I just don't get it.

I do.

She's simply an inconsiderate moron.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
June 29, 2017, 09:31 AM
ArtieS
Oddball for the win.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
June 29, 2017, 10:18 AM
rtquig
I can understand why she is watching a movie alone with a dog.

Living the Dream
June 29, 2017, 10:37 AM
LS1 GTO
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:

Because they had assigned seating and she could get on for her dog.

Dang people kept making her move to a place where it was too close for the seeing eye dog to see the screen. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

June 29, 2017, 10:43 AM
PASig
Entitled assholes. Mad

June 29, 2017, 04:27 PM
lkdr1989
Yeah, might have been worse, she could've been there to watch the movie alone with a cat Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
June 29, 2017, 04:36 PM
ZSMICHAEL
If it was a scary movie perhaps it was her emotional support dog. You should have checked that.
June 29, 2017, 05:24 PM
mikeyspizza
What movie?
June 29, 2017, 06:05 PM
sureshot45
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
What movie?

Baby Driver

ro'ark leather
June 29, 2017, 06:45 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
perhaps it was her emotional support dog.
Nope, I think they mostly use turkeys for that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
June 30, 2017, 06:46 AM
JSB3
Guilty of doing this at every baseball game I go to. My brother and I sort of make a sport of it. We can usually tell when the ticket holders show up. They have a confused look on their face and begin to count seats and rows with their fingers. We just wave, get up and move on.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.
June 30, 2017, 08:07 AM
myrottiety
Had this happen at a movie. Two guys bought seats that weren't next to each other. But were trying to sit together.

They were forced to move 3 times before they finally sat in their assigned seats. It's not that freaking hard people. Don't buy the seat you don't want to sit in.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
June 30, 2017, 09:05 AM
SBrooks
quote:
Originally posted by JSB3:
Guilty of doing this at every baseball game I go to. My brother and I sort of make a sport of it. We can usually tell when the ticket holders show up. They have a confused look on their face and begin to count seats and rows with their fingers. We just wave, get up and move on.

I have done it before - but usually just once. If I get busted and have to move, I'll go ahead and sit in my assigned seat. I've never tried it three times or whatever like this lady did...

------------------
SBrooks
June 30, 2017, 10:37 AM
sureshot45
Might make me a hypocrite but I don't see baseball games and movies as equals. Baseball games have 20k plus seats with it being common for a company to have a block of 8 seats that often go unused vs. a Wednesday night movie that sat maybe 300 people and I just don't expect a large number of no shows from people who buy a movie ticket in advance.

Plus she literally had to look at the seating map when she bought tickets, I get that you were there before the movie started but the great thing about the reserved seats is that you don't have to worry about showing up early to get a good seat.

ro'ark leather
June 30, 2017, 10:46 AM
JimTheo
Pre-show show.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either
June 30, 2017, 02:24 PM
gpbst3
Same thing happened at the baseball game. Someone is sitting in our seats. I tell them they have to move. They say someone is sitting in their seats. I say make them move. I triggered a snow ball effect and about 10 people had to move. Its printed right on the freaking ticket. I could see if they decided to move seats after the 7th inning.

June 30, 2017, 08:15 PM
konata88
I assume one knows which seat they are purchasing at the time of purchase. Why did she buy the friggin seat if she knew she didn't want to sit there?

And I'm not even going to ask about the dog. I love dogs but wtf?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
July 01, 2017, 08:03 AM
ulsterman
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Same thing happened at the baseball game. Someone is sitting in our seats. I tell them they have to move. They say someone is sitting in their seats. I say make them move. I triggered a snow ball effect and about 10 people had to move. Its printed right on the freaking ticket. I could see if they decided to move seats after the 7th inning.

Went to a Rockies game with tickets behind the dugout and chased a couple out of our seats. Usher checked their tickets and pointed to the left field bleachers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ulsterman,
July 01, 2017, 08:17 AM
erj_pilot
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Baaaaaah!!! LMAO!!! The spewed coffee didn't quite make to the monitor, but I had to wipe down the keyboard.... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24