SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Grrrr Rolex your killing me
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grrrr Rolex your killing me Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted
So in Sept of 2017 I paid full price for a Rolex to an authorized dealer. The expectation was to have the watch in a few months. It never showed. I told them to keep the money and when they got one call me and Ill come pick it up.

Fast forward to today when they sent the money back and told me I would stay #1 on the list.

Somehow I just don't buy it. I think I got swooped for a better customer after waiting for a year and a half.

I'm frustrated and disappointed as there is no way to get on a wait list for one now. Now it becomes hope and pray.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
A guess, your dealer sucks and has no contacts, strings to pull to get your watch. Go elsewhere

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Save your money, the wife and I had one not that big of a deal.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, the dealer saved you from making a big mistake. Rolex watches, are in my opinion, over-hyped and not worth the money. And the warranty they offer? Pitiful.

Find yourself an Omega, a Vacheron Constantin, or Patek Phillipe.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I agree. probably went to a better client. I had put my name on a list for one, went to the main store to ask about timing. I was told, by the owner, he had several in his safe but they were only for repeat customers. He did offer me 30% off any Rolex in the case, I declined.

I eventually got what I wanted after 7 years of waiting with another dealer, never wore it, sold it for a nice profit two years later. It was a Daytona Stls, white dial.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Safe Queen Rolex's.... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
They pay you interest? You could buy a Hamilton just with the dang interest that money should have earned.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was ever going to buy an expensive watch, I'd go with David Troung

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
If I was ever going to buy an expensive watch,
I'd go with David Troung

2nd that.
Not sure if he's a Rolex AD, but no doubt he's got a line on many other brands, if you're not 100% sold on a Rolex.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15270 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
If I was ever going to buy an expensive watch,
I'd go with David Troung

2nd that.
Not sure if he's a Rolex AD, but no doubt he's got a line on many other brands, if you're not 100% sold on a Rolex.

Triple that, plus if he doesn't sell Rolex, my bet is he will know a good dealer that he can send you to.

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Be thankful. Five years from acquisition, you'd be paying them $800-1000 to service it and it still wouldn't be more accurate than a $400 Seiko.

Rolex, beautiful watches for rich guys and gals.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Be thankful. Five years from acquisition, you'd be paying them $800-1000 to service it and it still wouldn't be more accurate than a $400 Seiko.

Rolex, beautiful watches for rich guys and gals.

RMD

And, unlike Omega/Tag automatic movement watches, with Rolex you cannot see that $pen$ive movement.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Go to timezone.com, buy a used one and save 30% or more.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Find a distress sale and have it checked out by a reputable dealer. Don't be in a rush and get the word out among the dealers.
I wouldn't buy one of the lesser brands mentioned.
There should be plenty of opportunities in your neighborhood.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another option - try David at DavidSW.com. He is highly respected on Rolex forum. I believe he is in Florida. I plan to buy my next Rolex from him. Good luck!

Posts: 93 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Which model?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I would touch base with David Truong, long time member of the Forum. I have dealt with him a few times a stand up guy. He may have what you want or can get it. He's Para approved as well as many others here. Chris

David@mimisjewelryinc.com if you have any questions. Office: 714-964-7851.

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Waiting list for 2017 sounds like a Batman, Ceramic Daytona or a 50th Anniversary SeaDweller.

Of course, I'm not the OP.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
So in Sept of 2017 I paid full price for a Rolex to an authorized dealer. The expectation was to have the watch in a few months. It never showed. I told them to keep the money and when they got one call me and Ill come pick it up.

Fast forward to today when they sent the money back and told me I would stay #1 on the list.

Somehow I just don't buy it. I think I got swooped for a better customer after waiting for a year and a half.

I'm frustrated and disappointed as there is no way to get on a wait list for one now. Now it becomes hope and pray.

Which AD did you go to? If you haven't gone there, go to Mayors in the Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale (they are a long time AD), speak to a salesman whose name is Eliot Rotsford or something along those lines, he's been there forever, he/they are standup and much better than the AD in Lighthouse Point (i'm guessing) you were dealing with.

Also CALL ROLEX USA. Tell them the exactly what you posted here, be prepared to send them info (receipt, any correspondence), but I'm guessing that they will come through and locate the watch they're looking for after what you went through with one of their AD's.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next Rolex-that's funny. I gave up watches 12 years ago. I use the phone when I actually give a shit what time it is.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post