SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Loud music at restaurants grrrrrrr
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loud music at restaurants grrrrrrr Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
visited again today for lunch at 11:30
I about fell over.

the music was barely audible , a manager I've never see before was in command.

I complimented her on the volume level ,
she said that when she opens the store she keeps it very low until 12:30.

I love it when a plan comes together

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ya shoulda whipped out your bagpipes and gave them a dose of their own medicine.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an article I saw today on why some restaurants blare music:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/food...452c9ff5a60657ea7f1e

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had about half of that article figured out.

I could understand if it was6 p.m. during happy hour and there were 40,60 or 75 patrons inside.
I get that,
But at noon with nine or twelve people all over 50 .
P u l e e e z

I guess this particular owner didn't read or didn't understand the whole

Ambiance and customer chapter

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Have asked before at several different locations about having the loud volume to be turned down and was told that they did not have the authority or capabilities due to corporate control so I exercised my control by leaving and never returning. ............................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the suits upstairs don't know that it's broken ,they can't fix it

It's the main reason that restaurants have such large turnovers.

Lack of support from upper management.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
One of my rants here. A great BBQ place that a few times a weel has live music. The interior isn't that large ansd when the music is on, you can't hear yourself think.

So we just avoid it during those nights.

I get that complaint if it is recorded music. If it is live music, that is the night for live music, so . . .

I think the OP should talk the manager. I doubt he gets a lot of calls for very loud music, so he may well turn it down.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Have asked before at several different locations about having the loud volume to be turned down and was told that they did not have the authority or capabilities due to corporate control so I exercised my control by leaving and never returning. ............................... drill sgt.

Don't eat at chain restaurants with corporate control. The food is not usually all that good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Texas Roadhouse thinks glass rattling music is the way to go after 5.00 pm. We rarely go there anymore and only if it is well before 5.00 pm.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Turn that shit out louder
Make it all go faster
Playing through the witching hour
Take it to one thousand horsepower

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post