SIGforum
So the local CBS station cuts over to weatherman when the Bills/Lions game was just tied with seconds left in the game!!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3750015694

November 24, 2022, 03:12 PM
smschulz
So the local CBS station cuts over to weatherman when the Bills/Lions game was just tied with seconds left in the game!!
Just to tell us there is a storm out there.

WHAT THE HELL WERE THESE NIMRODS THINKING?

Mad Mad Mad
November 24, 2022, 03:37 PM
ElToro
Spoiler alert. Bills won
November 24, 2022, 05:37 PM
festus haggen
Almost a repeat of the 'Heidi Bowl' from 1968.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.
November 24, 2022, 07:13 PM
Prefontaine
What’s funny is that if it were the Texans or Cowgirls playing they wouldn’t have done that.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
November 24, 2022, 08:30 PM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Just to tell us there is a storm out there.

WHAT THE HELL WERE THESE NIMRODS THINKING?

Mad Mad Mad
They didn't just cutover, they wouldn't STFU. Tornado warning southwest of Houston (ie way away from me) lasting for 17 minutes and they were bound and determined to talk all 17 minutes.

We gave up and headed back to the kitchen for dessert. Ate the 4 types of pie and apple crisp, and when we were finished the weatherman was still flapping his gums.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
November 25, 2022, 05:07 AM
JimmyRayBob
I’m pretty sure local news stations are required by law to break into programming for tornado warnings.
November 26, 2022, 07:44 AM
dgshooter
Those who were close to the storm probably appreciated the warning.
November 26, 2022, 07:26 PM
Voshterkoff
A storm warning is more important, and has a real impact on peoples lives, compared to a baseball game.
November 26, 2022, 07:33 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Well how many people died or experienced destruction? You can put a runner on the bottom of the screen. That is what they do here. Besides they start warning about tornadoes days in advance. Poor judgement there. Similar to getting an amber warning at two am. The warning was for 500 miles away.
November 26, 2022, 07:34 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
A storm warning is more important, and has a real impact on peoples lives, compared to a baseball game.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I can tell you are a sports fan. We are talking FOOTBALL.
November 26, 2022, 08:37 PM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Those who were close to the storm probably appreciated the warning.
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
They're getting skewered by Houstonians for 2 reasons:
  • There wasn't a tornado so zero lives saved. The B team on Thanksgiving saw something on radar and got some attention.
  • They botched the way they handled it. They could've used picture in picture to show both the game (23 seconds left in the football game) and the weather. This is legal as they did it for the Masters Golf tournament in 2019, but the B team couldn't pull it off. Instead, they took the whole screen and the B Team provided 30 seconds of information and then kept repeating themselves over and over and over even after the tornado warning ended. It got to the point where everybody in the room could say it along with the TV.

• Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.