SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Pool Vac Sucks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Pool Vac Sucks Login/Join 
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by FLKev:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FLKev:
quote:
I at least have a separate booster pump for the vac, so filter pressure has no effect there.
Friend of mine at our old house put a pool in & he got some sort of robotic cleaner, had a super insulated cord that was left plugged in while it was running.

That's exactly what I gave you the link for above...IT WORKS VERY VERY WELL!

Not as bad as I was expecting on price. And for how much constant pine tree debris is always in the pool, not bad.
Does it allow you to set a no-go area? I have a beach entry, so I'd be worried about it 'escaping' the pool.

It won't walk out of the pool. It needs water to function. When it gets to the point that the intake that is on top is out of the water it will turn around before escaping.

You can find the one I sent above without the WIFI for $100 less. I like it because it is simple. It has 3 choices 1x per day, 1x every 3 days or 1x every 5days. I have it set to operate 1x per day. It comes on at the same time and cleans everything in a way I could never do even with the pool brush pushing the silt to the main drain I could never get waht it gets out of the pool. I have an open pool with palms and oaks behind in. The pool is pristine 24/7 with this robot. I just dump the filter baskets 1x per week.

Thanks, would be curious if it integrates with any smart pool apps. Mine is set up with Pentair Screenlogic.

Do you leave it in the pool all the time, or do you 'toss' it in when you need it to run?

I take it out every 5 days and clean the filter and let it sit on it's stand for a couple days then put it back in. If you get the WIFI version you can turn it on and off via the app, otherwise you really don't need to do anything

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 624 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kev, it's definitely appealing.
Looks like the non-WiFi model is NLA, at least via Amazon.
There is the 1 level lower model, that's a bit over half the CC Plus model.
But once, cry once, I suppose.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Kev, it's definitely appealing.
Looks like the non-WiFi model is NLA, at least via Amazon.
There is the 1 level lower model, that's a bit over half the CC Plus model.
But once, cry once, I suppose.

Yeah, the cost of these things is insane, BUT they do surpass expectations. I get to enjoy my pool instead of spending all my time removing leaves and cleaning palm nuts and silt from it. Once you get one of these robots you will never go without it.

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 624 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's a near constant for us too. But pine needles & the occasional pinecone.
Would suck to have an idle booster pump, but whatcha gonna do?

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, it's a near constant for us too. But pine needles & the occasional pinecone.
Would suck to have an idle booster pump, but whatcha gonna do?

You'd want to check it daily for a while see how well it digests pine needles, and if the cones will stop the machine up.

If so having one with the app, should it give you notifications of it being stuck, jammed, etc like a Roomba would be advantageous so you could clear the problem that day.

You should have a pool cover with all those pines around the pool, the sap, cones, needles would be a major PIA for any pool cleaner.

Or a pool screen but that's a bit more $$$ than a cover and a cleaner...

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Luckily, we've had no sap issues.
Pine needles aren't terrible most of the time, but Beryl, and autumn definitely add to it.
I try to check the pool daily, just for peace of mind that all is good & there's no foreign objects in the pool.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ours is screened in, really eliminates the pine needle problem, if what I pull out of the gutter along the back is any indication, the screen makes a big difference.

Covers are a PIA, but if you aren't using it much like in the winter, might be a good idea.

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Ours is screened in, really eliminates the pine needle problem, if what I pull out of the gutter along the back is any indication, the screen makes a big difference.

Covers are a PIA, but if you aren't using it much like in the winter, might be a good idea.

What is winter? Razz

We also have an elevated spa, so it would need to be an odd shape cover, or would need to exclude the spa [and allow for the spillover]

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Luckily, we've had no sap issues.
Pine needles aren't terrible most of the time, but Beryl, and autumn definitely add to it.
I try to check the pool daily, just for peace of mind that all is good & there's no foreign objects in the pool.

I removed the vegetation around mine, that would drop shit into the pool. My Polaris only runs 2 hours a day as it doesn’t need to be run more than that. I’ve only had to replace the pump for the Polaris twice in 18 years. The first I just did the motor only and did it myself. A couple of years ago it was time to replace the entire pump and I went with the Polaris pump. Runs like a champ and was cheaper than the other options.

The only time I have to pull the skimmers and clean the Polaris net is when neighbors’ monster trees are dropping leaves and what not. I’m out there every day during that time.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I have a Dolphin Echo. I had to swallow very hard when I dropped over $600 on that thing vs. the $300 pump operated ones.

Pffffft, looking back I would do it again without a second thought. Soooooo much better.

Posts: 2348 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What is winter? Razz

We also have an elevated spa, so it would need to be an odd shape cover, or would need to exclude the spa [and allow for the spillover]

That time when temps are cool enough that you're out in the MG with the top down, riding a motorcycle, and the pool waters too cold! Razz

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is winter? Razz

That time when temps are cool enough that you're out in the MG with the top down, riding a motorcycle, and the pool waters too cold! Razz

Big Grin
I concede on that one

Pressure port replaced, dialed the restrictions down & it seems to be running better, the old one was stuck wide open.

Also think I need a driveshaft, it doesn't seem to be grabbing the teeth on one of the wheels & causing the circular travel.