SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Idiocy at budsgunshop.com.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiocy at budsgunshop.com. Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:

One of the victims of the July 4th Parade shooting a couple years ago sued because the shooter used a rifle purchased from Bud's.
My car got dinged by an unlicensed, uninsured "undocumented worker," so I'm gonna sue the dealer who sold the car to him. Or better yet, I'll sue his car's manufacturer, Nissan; they have deeper pockets.

Yup.

Should see that soon with drunk drivers who kill other drivers too. Lawyers will use the gun case(s) as substantiation.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:

One of the victims of the July 4th Parade shooting a couple years ago sued because the shooter used a rifle purchased from Bud's.
My car got dinged by an unlicensed, uninsured "undocumented worker," so I'm gonna sue the dealer who sold the car to him. Or better yet, I'll sue his car's manufacturer, Nissan; they have deeper pockets.

Yup.

Should see that soon with drunk drivers who kill other drivers too. Lawyers will use the gun case(s) as substantiation.

Will fat people sue fork makers next? Plate makers? Supermarkets?

Posts: 116 | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an aside, the mass shooter sort of bought the gun at Buds. It was shipped to an FFL in IL for delivery and transfer. That locality had banned the weapon, the dealer was not aware. The contention is that Buds should not have shipped the gun to a suburb where it was illegal. They defense is the onus is on the customer and local dealer to know the law, Buds cannot be aware of every law in every small town in the country. I follow it when I can get info, mostly from a local attorney.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:One of the victims of the July 4th Parade shooting a couple years ago sued because the shooter used a rifle purchased from Bud's.
Yup.

Already partway there. In many states an establishment and/or its servers can be (are?) deemed liable if an intoxicated customer served at said establishment subsequently goes out and commits mayhem for which their state of intoxication is deemed contributory.
quote:
Originally posted by echidna:
Will fat people sue fork makers next? Plate makers? Supermarkets?
We're getting closer and closer. Witness Panera being sued twice, recently, for liability in the deaths of two individuals that partook of its Charged Lemonade, at least one of which arguably shouldn't have been drinking any caffeinated beverages at all--and knew it.

And yeah: The high caffeine content in those beverages is clearly listed on the fountain.

Anybody with two functioning neurons to rub together that was paying attention could predict the evolution of these kinds of things back in 1992.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Sometimes it is just a malformed and misinformed policy that can piss you off.
Had a situation with a large online Gun place that is local to me that gave me a hard time because my DL did not have Dr. appended to the street and I did on my 4473, even though this is easily checked and I have always used both interchangeably (Dr or not) for 40 years.
I cancelled the order and went back a few weeks later (price was better).
So never say never when it's just the mindless doing stupid things.
Intentional misconduct is another thing ~ like Black Rifle Coffee. Mad

Late to see this...

I live in the Houston area as well and the exact same thing happened to me (at the same place I am sure). Yes, my driver's license does not have "Drive" appended to the name of the street. I have lived at the same address for over 30 years. NEVER had a problem EVER before this happened and I bought two other firearms from the same place this past year.

I cancelled the order and they lost a sale because of this "malformed and misinformed policy".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: C L Wilkins,

Posts: 3204 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post