SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Taking only one picture
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking only one picture Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys need to lighten up. I wonder if you even smile if asked to be in a photo.

Can’t take a families picture because it’s not on your business card. If you want more than one picture it’s going cost you.

The point is the person had no issues taking pictures and actually liked helping others but is quite clueless when it comes to the task.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I'm rarely 'asked' to take a picture...And that's because if I notice a couple/family/group in the process of taking one, or preparing to do so, I'll offer to take one so everyone can get in the shot if it seems appropriate and there's an opportunity to offer to do so. But that's just me... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

The point is the person had no issues taking pictures and actually liked helping others but is quite clueless when it comes to the task.

Clueless? Were they getting paid? LMAO. You ask a stranger to do something then whine the stranger didn’t do things to your liking? I think some of you need to lighten up. “A stranger didn’t do it like I want but I didn’t give the complete stranger complete instructions.” Oh my. Even in Ronin when DeNiro is trying to get photos of the case at the hotel with the beautiful lady he tells the stranger to just keep firing away and taking multiple shots. Blame yourself for poor comms, not a complete stranger.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Clueless? Were they getting paid? LMAO. You ask a stranger to do something then whine the stranger didn’t do things to your liking? I think some of you need to lighten up. “A stranger didn’t do it like I want but I didn’t give the complete stranger complete instructions.” Oh my. Even in Ronin when DeNiro is trying to get photos of the case at the hotel with the beautiful lady he tells the stranger to just keep firing away and taking multiple shots. Blame yourself for poor comms, not a complete stranger.

Try reading my original post again or for the first time. I said nothing about asking a stranger. It was a friends mother-in-law who was in our group.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
a friends mother-in-law
I think I see your problem.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

Try reading my original post again or for the first time. I said nothing about asking a stranger. It was a friends mother-in-law who was in our group.

Whether she was a stranger or not, she followed your directions exactly.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

I'm with Prefontaine and the others. The point isn't whether it was a complete stranger or a friend's mother-in-law; it's that you told them to "take a picture...." They did; they took a picture.

The "clueless" arrow is pointing more in your direction than at anyone else. You can take this as a learning moment or continue to ask people to "take a picture" hoping to get a different result. You may get a different result but it won't be because of your ability to give clear directions.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I would have taken several photos, but I wouldn't complain if someone did me a favor and just took one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I think this goes back to the film days when each picture cost more money for more film, development and printing.

At least, back to the Sony Mavica with 3 1/2" floppy disks.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least they took one picture, I asked someone to take a picture of me at the summit of Beartooth Pass in Wyoming, they smiled and agreed but later that day I checked and they hadn't taken even one picture.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If I'm asked to do this, I always look at the photo first. If I think it looks good, I'll ask them. If they want another, fine with me. If I thought the first one sucked, I'll take more.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I think this goes back to the film days when each picture cost more money for more film, development and printing.

Go back to hte origins of Photography and there was a lot of work that went into producing just one image.

Bask at the start you have the daguerotype process as outline below. Note "crazy as a bedbug" might be an apt description of Photographers at that time.

Louis Daguerre called his invention "daguerreotype." His method, which he disclosed to the public late in the summer of 1839, consisted of treating silver-plated copper sheets with iodine to make them sensitive to light, then exposing them in a camera and "developing" the images with warm mercury vapor.

Anyone want to step up and develop an image in a darkened tent while breathing in warm mercury vapors?

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post