SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    UPS left package in my Mailbox.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS left package in my Mailbox. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Better in your mailbox than getting it swiped from your porch.
Wouldn't bother me all.

Same here, I wish they could. I live in a townhouse and key is needed.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Not really a rant but...

UPS just left a package in my Mailbox. I thought that was illegal.

Small amazon delivery, UPS ground. Not one of those hybrid deals. I saw the big brown UPS truck stop and him toss it in the mailbox. I don't care otherwise...

I guess it saved him walking up to the house about 130 feet each way while his truck was parked in the road and it is threatening rain but at the front door is sheltered from the rain anyway...

If he is a big enough jack-hole, can't the mail person confiscate anything in the box without USPS postage?

So what? Why do you care? You got your package.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
can't can the mail person confiscate anything in the box without USPS postage?

Yes.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
USPS shoved a box so tight into my wooden , custom made mailbox , that I actually couldn’t get it out. I had to get a pry bar , and take the box apart , spreading it apart at the seams , to get the box out.

USPS mail hold ended on Saturday… they still kept my mail all the following week and some packages disappeared in thin air that were supposed to be delivered but we’re out on extended mail hold for some reason (that I didn’t ask for.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mailbox has a separate box underneath it for small packages , etc. If the USPS wants to claim jurisdiction over it somebody else can fight that battle .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post