SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Skyrocketing Price of Energizer Lithium Batteries
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skyrocketing Price of Energizer Lithium Batteries Login/Join 
posted
On April 11 2020 I purchased 12 packs of AA for $1.33ea & AAA for $1.25ea from Amazon. A couple of weeks ago I checked Amazon & both sizes were $2.50ea so I decided to check at Walmart. Today at Walmart they were $2.75ea so I came home to buy at Amazon. Now at Amazon AA size are over $3.00EA!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4073 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Supply and demand is a bitch.

Posts: 21251 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Amazon brand lithium batteries have gone way up too. An 12-pack of 9V is $65 when it's even actually in stock.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 21679 | Location: N. Houston, TX | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I noticed the same thing. Luckily, I have a small set of Eneloop rechargeable AAs that I use for my most common AA stuff.

Guess I should invest in even more rechargeables.

Posts: 30377 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I save the expensive lithium primary cells for only stuff that doesn't get used often or for very long. Everything else gets Eneloops.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me

Posts: 23946 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
is demand for lithium higher because of battery electric vehicles (bev)?

BMW K1600GT Pilot

Posts: 4520 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah,

Thinking the EV marked increased the demand, the supply is still the same.

Posts: 8432 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1.94 each at Sam’s Club today.

Posts: 1039 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Off my Amazon orders:

April 24 2021 Energizer AA Lithium batteries, 24 pack $28.90

Price today: $63.49

Posts: 20124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Bought a ten pack yesterday for $25!

The cold was killing my regular batteries in my doorbell camera.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7657 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Part of the increased demand may be based on fewer people buying Duracells.
Duracell batteries seem to often leak now and people have shifted brand/types.

Posts: 1492 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post