SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Wright-Patt Credit Union suckkkkssss
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wright-Patt Credit Union suckkkkssss Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Purchased a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid in June financing via WPCU. Set up auto schedule for regular payments 1 day before regular due date. July 2021 through December 2021 no issues. Jan 2022 payment not made I check. Nothing pulled out of my regular bank account to pay. Check the WPCU site. No scheduled payments set up.

Call in and make the payment. No issue set back up. Feb 2022 payment made no issues. This month March 2022. No payment made I just noticed this error yesterday. Check again scheduled payments gone again.

Call and go off on their horrible online site and schedules. I’m done with these idiots.

Say what you want but credit unions are the worst.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have had problems with auto-pay, so I no longer use that feature.

Instead, I use the Chronicle App (available for Apple computers and iThings). It tracks all my bills and sends me email reminders when bills are coming due.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
My credit union is great. But that being said I set up all my auto payments through the actual vendor/lender. Chase takes my car payment. Comcast takes my cable bill, etc. that way it’s on them if they get no payment.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12425 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I been with my credit union since about 1961 or earlier. Finally, last year they upgraded the system and did away with the account ledger which made it so easy to see your credits and debits.

During this time, I moved all over the country and never had a problem. It must be the new accounting they are teaching in school. Eek

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've been gradually moving everything into auto pay as the mail service around here is somewhere between mediocre and terrible.

After mail deliveries, we go around giving the correct people their mail as it appears the mail delivery people have a reading problem and can't tell who to give what mail.

And, some mail just disappears, never to be seen again so I moved to auto pay so I don't have to think about whether or not I get a bill and whether or not the various places get my payment.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I ended up leaving Nationwide insurance over an issue like that. My auto payments just stopped with no explanation after 22 years as a customer. I didn't notice. First sign I got that anything was wrong was a notice from a collection agency attempting to collect my unpaid premium. While shopping around in the interim, I found out I was overpaying for insurance. I now have a different insurance company with considerably more coverage for two thirds the price of my Nationwide policy. It pissed me off, but wound up being a blessing in disguise.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allow me to slam the Rock Island (IL) Arsenal credit union. We have checking & savings there, our retirement "checks" are direct deposit.

My gripe: They stopped foreign currency services. The excuse: No one traveled overseas during covid.

NEWSFLASH: International travel is picking up!

/rant mode off/

We're getting it from another bank thru friends with an account there. Yeah, we can do this at any international airport (including ORD), but it's one of those things I like to do beforehand.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I belonged to WPCU when I worked on Wright Patt. It was fine then. Because it was small. Once it enlarged (like a tumor) they lost interest in good service.
Same story with most banks or CUs. Growth and buyouts are not good.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I doubt it is credit unions as a group, it is just that one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I don't do auto payments for the most part. Instead of sitting down once a month and writing out checks, I sit down at my computer for about 10 or 15 minutes and pay my bills thru manual transactions. That way I know they are paid and no company can mistakenly withdraw too much from my account.

I only have autopay set up on my T-mobile account for the discount. Even then, I manually pay it early with everything else.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't do auto payments for the most part. Instead of sitting down once a month and writing out checks, I sit down at my computer for about 10 or 15 minutes and pay my bills thru manual transactions. That way I know they are paid and no company can mistakenly withdraw too much from my account.

I do the same. I use my bank to schedule high $ estimated payments one month ahead & change payment $ when I get the bill. I do this so if I get sick all bills are paid for at least 45 days ahead.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've been with WPCFCU for 27 yrs, never had an issue. I refi'ed my house with them two yrs ago. That autopay is pretty clunky, especially since we pay an extra $500 per month, which shows as a second transaction. But they're easy to reach on the phone and will make things right if they make a mistake. I haven't been into one of their branches in the DC area in about 10 yrs. I do it all by phone and computer.

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Love my credit union. It's a small regional one.
I pay every possible reoccuring payment automatically but they are set up to pull not push. Set up the payments with the vendors, not the bank. Never an issue in 30 years. I also pay all bills including the auto pay ones with the credit union cash back credit card and pay off the credit card every month.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post