SIGforum
No I do not want to join your damn website...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3440060224

April 02, 2017, 04:16 PM
Lord Vaalic
No I do not want to join your damn website...
Ugh... some stupid website I will never return to, or some site that I visit once every 3 years, no I do not want to register, just check me out for the one thing I will ever buy from you and fuck off. I have actually not bought from some sites because of this.

I don't want to be kept in your stupid database with my credit card # and info for something I bought as a present for someone else and I will never ever be back to your site!!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
April 02, 2017, 05:27 PM
MooneyP226
Preach it, brother!!!
Yes!!!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad
April 02, 2017, 06:19 PM
Orguss
As a suggestion to your rant, at what point would you like a website to offer to ease a person's next shopping experience with them through the things you hated about your first?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
April 02, 2017, 06:51 PM
Anush
quote:
at what point would you like a website to offer to ease a person's next shopping experience with them through the things you hated about your first?

After they tell me how many $ for shipping.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch
April 02, 2017, 07:19 PM
mikeyspizza
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
at what point would you like a website to offer to ease a person's next shopping experience with them through the things you hated about your first?

If I have to fill out more than a state and zip code for a shipping quote, I'm gone.
April 02, 2017, 07:26 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
quote:

If I have to fill out more than a state and zip code for a shipping quote, I'm gone.

Yep, I want to know how much to ship before I give you my name and address.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
April 02, 2017, 08:20 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
As a suggestion to your rant, at what point would you like a website to offer to ease a person's next shopping experience with them through the things you hated about your first?

Some sites do let you continue as a guest, and that's great. Others make you register.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
April 04, 2017, 01:04 AM
83v45magna
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
quote:

Me too. I have a standard fake name and address info that I enter (info that could not possibly be mistaken for real, but follows the correct form factors) to get shipping info. The only thing correct is the zip code.
April 04, 2017, 06:32 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I have a standard fake name and address info that I enter (info that could not possibly be mistaken for real, but follows the correct form factors) to get shipping info. The only thing correct is the zip code.
Me too. But it's still aggravating to have to fill in

Fred Fnart
123 Main Street
AnyTown MyState 12345

If I can't get shipping charges without filling that in, I use the "Contact Us" page to send a nastygram. I should not have to go through these shenanigans just to find out what the total cost of the item is.

There are some sites that do show shipping charges prior to the "Checkout" page, but unfortunately these sites are relatively rare.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים