SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Woke "Stop Hate" on NFL Helmets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woke "Stop Hate" on NFL Helmets Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
I get the sentiment but how in the hell is just saying this going to do a damn thing except antagonize anyone who can think.

First, the definition of these idiots is not actual hate anyway, it is labeling something you disagree with and usually directed in the area of politics, race or gender.

Second, wouldn't it be more prudent if those who are allegedly hated to try to change the opinion of the so-called haters by positive actions than just demonizing them and pushing them farther down the rabbit hole.

Third, whatever happened to free thought/expression/speech sentiment?

Sick and tires of this shit. Confused

You can't legislate People's feelings only effective method is from positive methods and if they still don't agree - respect their opinion.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/...ets-stop-hate-decal/

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rather ironic for a sport in which your job is to tear your opponent apart.
What happened to the cheers of rip em up tear up give em Hell{Insert favorite team here}.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Just more idiotic virtue signaling from guys who have the IQ of a head of cabbage.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Any white person still watching this shit is part of the problem. Can’t imagine watching a sport where the players actively want me to die because I’m different than they are. Cut their revenue by taking your eyes away and watch how quickly the little bitches start whining.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I just don't understand the acceptance of celebrities and athletes who largely don't have the morals, values or competencies to contribute to society other than their single skill for entertainment and yet are considered role models for us?

BLM, Antifa, Hate, Equality? Aside from just being bad and wrong, these people are the voices to guide us? These degenerates are just replacing a perceived inequality with real inequality. The irony is just too much for their peas to understand.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Any white person still watching this shit is part of the problem. Can’t imagine watching a sport where the players actively want me to die because I’m different than they are. Cut their revenue by taking your eyes away and watch how quickly the little bitches start whining.

Grown men should have better things to do with their lives than obsess over sportsball.
It's fun in school but leave childish things to children.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Grown men should have better things to do with their lives than obsess over sportsball.
It's fun in school but leave childish things to children.

I would disagree for a lot of reasons.

Recreation has been a part of life forever.
You can't go around being serious about every in life 24/7 and if you do you could be imbalanced.
That need for recreation has led to professionals who provide for that need.

However, the thread was designed to critique the political infusion to such sports - not criticize sports and recreation necessity.
Leave that for another thread please.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
There's a brazillion and one things one can do for recreation that doesn't include patronizing an industry of idiocy and wokeness.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

A quick peek at your post history shows you are active in the lair, and recently posted about Wednesday and how good Jenna Ortega was.

Jenna Ortega is a Trump hating pro BLM actress. How is watching her shows, or really any TV shows or movies since the vast majority of Hollywood are extreme leftists, any different than someone watching a football game?

It’s entertainment. You derive entertainment watching a leftist, racist girl playing in a show seemingly designed for children, others enjoy watching leftist and racist people playing a game some consider a child’s game. There’s truly no difference at all, you just like one and not the other.

FWIW the politics of the NFL caused me to stop watching despite being a fan nearly all my life. And I plan on watching Wednesday eventually as I hear it’s good. I’m just not going to act like I’m somehow better than others because I chose a different form of entertainment that evening.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
There's a brazillion and one things one can do for recreation that doesn't include patronizing an industry of idiocy and wokeness.

Completely agree and that was the point of my thread, not denigrating sports as a whole.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The ironic part being the "stop hate" , "no room for hate", "hate has no place here" folks tend to have more hate than anyone you will ever run across.

Self righteousness, their hate is "different." More one way streets.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The ironic part being the "stop hate" , "no room for hate", "hate has no place here" folks tend to have more hate than anyone you will ever run across...

Just about to post the same thing. It's just virtue signal garbage.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I gave up on the NFL when the woman beating, drunk driving deviants started demonizing me for being a white male, freedom loving, gun owner. They can all eat a galactic sized bags of dicks and choke for eternity.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m watching Tom Brady games only until he retires. I’m as sick of the bullshit as everyone else but I like this guy, root him on, and want him to stick it up his critics ass at every available opportunity. Watching this guy for 20 years make the most of what God gave him, and use between the ears more than anything is inspiring to me. Tells you that if you work hard enough, bust your ass to the white meat, repetition after repetition, and after going 199 in the draft, fuck it, going for it anyway. I like that, and I like it a lot. It shows that hard work, dedication, and will, can do things for you that your body can’t. He’s a pocket passer, isn’t mobile, doesn’t have the best arm but he’s mystified even experts who say 45, 35, 25, what’s the fucking difference? That’s incredible. He’s had a horrible year by his standards but he has a 3rd string O-line. When he has protection he can still throw dimes, with the quickest release there is. Reads a defense as well as Manning or anyone who has ever played the kids game. And he’s defying odds and age with what he is doing. Aikman and a lot of other ex players say he’s the best that’s ever played the position and I agree, and I’m going to watch until he hangs it up.

No bitching about the league, the thugs, the virtue signaling or anything else is going to get me to turn off his games. When he’s done, yeah I’m likely done sans some highlights. I quit watching baseball after the strike then the steroids. The steroids was just too much for me. I quit watching basketball when they went to zone as zone defense is for college and has no place in the NBA in my opinion. It’s a bunch of 7 foot pussies now that would rather take 3’s than get into the lane and bang, get physical. It’s weak as fuck and just can’t watch it. And that league is way more woked out than any other.

I don’t watch commercials, and don’t watch the SB unless Tom is in it. I did watch Manning and Favre both, when they were the old man at the new team, Denver and Minnesota. Something about “you’re too old” and “you can’t” really gets me going. I’m a Brady fan and make no apologies for it. Rest of the bullshit the league and players do really pisses me off like most here. But there is nothing I can do about it. I can’t shut off all sports, all films, all entertainment because politics. That’s a boring ass existence and I’m just not going to be miserable all the time. Sometimes you need to un-politicize shit. I’m only here for a very brief time. I play a FPS game, COD Warzone, and during whatever month the letter people own now, they had a rainbow in the background. That’s way too much and it’s a kill your opponent game with handguns, PDW’s, assault rifles, snipers, rocket launchers, etc, and rainbows. Oh my fuck. This bullshit is infused with anything and everything there is. If they show some lesbians in a Ford F-150 commercial are you going to boycott the brand? If so you better buy some land somewhere and be prepared to live off your land, off the grid, like your own Han’s island.

They have already gotten all PC in my main sport, MotoGP with social media questions and bullshit during press conferences. Being all PC friendly and such. I hate that, but at least when the lights go out they are racing, banging, and going for it. I’m not going to stop watching that either because of the PC shit they are doing.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Since Colon Kapershit took a knee, I don't put a TV on the NATIONAL FELON LEAGUE, unfortunately if I'm out at a pub or restaurant most places have it on. Not going to support the NFL or sponsors, especially Nike, but I can't isolate from the world to avoid any of it, NFL, NBA, or MLB.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF, and that's a big IF... I decide to listen to a football player, it's going to be about football and football related stuff. they can STFU about anything else.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Jenna Ortega is a Trump hating pro BLM actress.

She mentioned nothing of either in her show and didn't talk down to me during the show. Personally, I wish everyone in entertainment could keep their cockholsters shut, unfortunately we don't live in that society anymore. I feel it's a bit different for shows/movies or sporting events where they actively denigrate those like me while they're getting paid. I proactively avoid those (Ghost Buster's remake and Captain Marvel as an example) I agree it's a bit hypocritical but I can't just sit around staring at 4 walls all day and there's only so much I can do outside this time of year.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any white person still watching this shit is part of the problem.

Wow. Thats really something there mutedblade. Which players "actively want you to die"? And how has this wish manifest itself in your eyes? Like did an NFL player tell you that? Or was it on the TV?

Posts: 73 | Registered: February 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Politics and all that comes with it is a cancer and once injected into anything will kill it. It's a shame what's become of professional sports in America. Limbaugh was talking about this years ago how professional sports in America will need to be destroyed because it's so uniquely American and has been part of the Americana fabric for so long. He was right.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
NFL football is nothing more than modern day gladiators. We all know how that empire turned out.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post