SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When I’m the only one that can change out the cardboard roll that's left of the TP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When I’m the only one that can change out the cardboard roll that's left of the TP Login/Join 
Picture of rolin808
posted
My kids - I love em but god help me they are lazy. Can’t change out the TP

Everyone has their own personal Demons , I just tend to let mine out

Posts: 710 | Location: Honolulu | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You could just hide the TP before their turn.

Channel your inner Johnny Carson. Wink

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
But dad, it's not out yet. There are still two squares(plastered onto the roll)! Razz

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
Everywhere in my life… work, home, ugh!

Even my wife doesn’t change it, most of the time. I’m always finding a newly started roll sitting on top of the toilet tank.

You took the time to pull out a new one, just switch it out!! And make sure it’s facing the right way too! Is that too much to ask?

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is that TP rolls have been getting narrower and narrower over time, so it is really much easier to change to a new roll. And they still don't do it!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just stop using it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
A slightly different slant on the issue:

We buy the Super Mega Fatboy rolls of Charmin.

The TP holder in the downstairs bathroom is fine.

The one in the upstairs bathroom is a one piece ceramic deal inset into the wainscoting and the arms are just this much too short to allow a new, full roll to spin. So a new roll sits on the radiator cover for a few days until it's slimmed down enough to fit.

Of course, my idea of when it's ready and everyone else's are wildly different and I'm pretty sure I install it 99% of the time.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I have a roll container which holds an additional three rolls next to the roll holder.

Told the wife - "when you pull out the second roll in the container and there's only one roll left, fill it up. If there's no more rolls to refill the container, we know to get more without being in an 'oh shit' situation."

Lemme just say, more than once she's been in that "oh shit" situation. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
But dad, it's not out yet. There are still two squares(plastered onto the roll)! Razz

You can beat them for that. CPS won't turn a hair.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I made a TP holder for my daughters house that had a vertical dowel so the roll just drops on it.

I cut out a wood back plate to screw to the wall and another piece extends out horizontal from that. The dowel then was fastened to that, sticking straight up about 3 inches from the wall.

I turned a little shape to the dowel on my lathe so, I thought, it would look a little nicer... turns out it kind of looks like a dick sticking up there but hey, it works really well!

I'll try to remember to get a photo next time I'm over there.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
We went to hook style TP holders.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Changing the roll out is only part of the problem.
It really ticks me off, if they don’t restock the supply under the vanity.
We have a linen closet, in the hall, right across from the bathroom. I always make sure there’s a package of toilet paper in there. It might be 6 foot away. When you get the last roll out from under the vanity, get a couple new rolls out of the linen closet and put them under the damn sink.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
A slightly different slant on the issue:

We buy the Super Mega Fatboy rolls of Charmin.

The TP holder in the downstairs bathroom is fine.

The one in the upstairs bathroom is a one piece ceramic deal inset into the wainscoting and the arms are just this much too short to allow a new, full roll to spin. So a new roll sits on the radiator cover for a few days until it's slimmed down enough to fit.

Of course, my idea of when it's ready and everyone else's are wildly different and I'm pretty sure I install it 99% of the time.

They make an offset holder to fix this, the spring thing has offset tabs to accept the larger rolls.

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
Changing the roll out is only part of the problem.
It really ticks me off, if they don’t restock the supply under the vanity.
We have a linen closet, in the hall, right across from the bathroom. I always make sure there’s a package of toilet paper in there. It might be 6 foot away. When you get the last roll out from under the vanity, get a couple new rolls out of the linen closet and put them under the damn sink.

My wife waits until all of the diapers are gone from Baby's diaper bag before refilling. We have a refill station with all of the consumables right there in the kitchen where the diaper bag lives. I encourage her to top up the diaper bag to a full load out every time we venture out (e.g., 4 diapers, two disposable changing pads), but it never happens.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post