SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    5 deliveries scheduled in the last 2 weeks. They screwed 3 of them up.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 deliveries scheduled in the last 2 weeks. They screwed 3 of them up. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
From the lumber company I worked for before I retired. Wait around all fucking day for a truck that never comes, call and get some limp-dicked excuse.

Had a load of sheet rock scheduled for today. No show. "Oops, got the date wrong on the delivery ticket."

Rescheduled for tomorrow and no boom truck so I'll have to hump 35 sheets into the building. It better DAMN well show up, I've got equipment rental and help scheduled for the weekend and if I don't have the material to work with, I'm going to lose my shit.

I've still got my Chief's hat around here somewhere, I wonder if they'll get the significance when I wear it into the store...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Know exactly what you speak of...... Still have my Drill Sgt / Smokey Bear / Campaign Hat that I wore for 3 yrs (early 1970"s). ...... Once a customer refused my services because they claimed to have waited for 2 weeks before calling in someone else. Tried to explain that I had been informed of this service call only about 24hrs before and had to drive 12 hrs arriving in the middle of the night and falling asleep on the truck seat in the parking lot till sun light woke me up. The customer refused to acknowledge my being there when I requested a signed note saying I was there but services not needed. But they changed their tune when I requested a police officer to witness my being there because the store manager was being the north end of a south bound mule.. The end customer was a national chain retail eyeglass operation . ............. drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Service end of companies nationwide are having lots of issues regarding delivery of products, most from not being able to find anyone to work.

Not saying that its a problem to be late, however on any given day the margin for error on employees is razor thin....

People don't want/have to work in that job spectrum, stay home, get government cheese, not pay your rent or mortgage or car payments and get extra cash in the bank, companies can't compete with the pay scale from the government welfare programs.

JMO this is a designed tactic, make it easy to stay home on welfare, at a rate people will agree is livable, forcing companies will move the actual wage rate they hire at up, without having to pass a higher minimum, well above $15 just to find an employee.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
@HRK - That's no doubt true overall, but in this particular case, the crew at the yard is much the same as when I worked there. Couple new faces on the in-store sales end, but the Yard Manager is the same guy and the Project Sales crew is the same.

I know who screwed up the sheet rock delivery and that is NOT like him.

Can't see how it's a personnel shortage either, there's more guys working the yard than there was when I was there.

Not sure about the drivers tho. I only recognize one of them.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

I've still got my Chief's hat around here somewhere, I wonder if they'll get the significance when I wear it into the store...

That your parents were not related before they got married? Razz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

That your parents were not related before they got married? Razz

According to some of the sailors that worked for me, they weren't married...

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
@HRK - That's no doubt true overall, but in this particular case, the crew at the yard is much the same as when I worked there. Couple new faces on the in-store sales end, but the Yard Manager is the same guy and the Project Sales crew is the same.

I know who screwed up the sheet rock delivery and that is NOT like him.

Can't see how it's a personnel shortage either, there's more guys working the yard than there was when I was there.

Not sure about the drivers tho. I only recognize one of them.

Maybe, unless they have double the orders they used to, which right now is the other equation, people are forgoing travel and other expenses and doing major work on their property, drywall, wood, everything is on thin order and businesses are running out.

Regardless they should be there on time, at attention, ready to work, Chief! Big Grin

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
It does seem, in spite of the stupid prices, that construction is balls-to-the-wall right now.

I can't get a plumber to show up at all, and I was DAMN lucky to get an electrician.

Still trying to get the utility power folks to call me back.