SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Logistics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Logistics Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
The more I think about it the angrier I get.

I have a PO box at a UPS Store. Had it for years.

I have Amazon Prime. Had it since '08. I do a lot of business with them.

Ever since I opened the PO box I've had Amazon set to ship there. Only problems I've had in recent memory were that time USPS delivered my brake pads late, or that one time someone cut the shipping label off my box of guitar pickups and taped it onto a package with a German vocab workbook.

Amazon Logistics took fuckup to a new level this week.

My UPS Store closes at 1830. Hasn't changed in the 5-6 years I've been there.

I bought a Mikrotik RB2011 wireless router. (I've needed a replacement for a really long time and it had the right price to features ratio). It was shipped Tuesday, with a promised delivery date of Thursday. I'm now approaching my fifth day sans router.

The above ramblings play in how? They keep putting my stuff out on the evening truck "for delivery by 9" (well, except for Saturday, but that's another mess). How, might I ask, do you expect to deliver the package to a business after it's closed? And what's this about the UPS store being closed on Saturdays? Since when?

I've been on the phone with them 3 times now, and while the reps I've spoken with were very pleasant they ultimately couldn't help me.

Call 1: called to discuss why it was 1630 and my stuff hadn't even shown as out for delivery.

"It's going out on the evening route." That'd be great, if the evening route didn't start at 1800. Remember, place closes at 1830.

"I can have the driver call you." Fantastic, though I'm not going to hold my breath. (they didn't call.)

Call 2: it's 1430 and my stuff hasn't changed since last night's failed delivery attempt. I was waiting for your driver to call me and got radio silence.

"I see the note to call you, and I also see here where the driver forgot your package." Well, that explains why I didn't get a call.

Well, what's going to happen with it now? Will I get it today?

"Most assuredly." It went out on the evening shipment again. Left at 1800, no call again.

Call #3: I see where you aren't even trying to deliver my stuff. What gives?

" The business is closed." WHAT?! They're open 0900-1700 today.

"Oh."

On the one side I'm proud of myself because I've only cursed once on the phone this whole time, to call the situation a clusterfuck. On the other, my fuse is lit, and burning ever shorter. This is WHOLLY unacceptable.

Update: they just (literally just) declared it "undeliverable."

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
Amazon delivery to my house is probably 80%. If I have more than one box coming, I’ll probably only get one and an email there was an error and my other package will be late.

Amazon delivery to my office, sucks. It sucks balls. I am in a 10k square foot building, so not especially big, i have a second floor office in the two story building.

At least half the time they leave the package at the main door of the building. The other half is probably 70/30 that they walk it to my unit vs say the business is closed.

Whenever a business product is being delivered by amazon delivery, I cringe, I’ve complained, but there is nothing I can do about, except not order from amazon.

They are going to have significant growing pains, and I’m sure they have accounted for most if not all of those pains, because I’m sure if they can make it work, it will save them billions every year.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I mean, it's not like they've never delivered to my box before. I don't know what made this so "special," other than how badly I need it.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Send an email to Jeff@amazon.com

He has a small army of people who receive complaints at this email address, and handle them. Express your anger and frustration in a polite manner.

I did this and told them that I would drop Prime membership and request a refund of membership fees if they continued to send my orders via the incompetent Amazon Logistics outfit.

The reply was that they could not guarantee what delivery method would be used, but they would note my account that AMZL should be the a non-preferred choice.

They must have also gotten to somebody with half a brain at AMZL; they are now able to "find" my location of The UPS Store during business hours. It now seems that The UPS Store is on an early delivery route.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
From what I have seen in my area, Amazon uses sub-contractors. I never see the same driver daily, which is usually typical with USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc... Their driving is horrible, they will do 5pt turns in the middle of the street, drive/park on peoples lawns, park and block traffic. Even though some are driving new vans, they have dents all over.

They will leave a package anywhere. In your yard, on the curb by the street, in the middle of your driveway, directly behind your garage door so you run it over if you back out without looking. The funniest one I had seen was a package delivered to the wrong house, and left at a vacant house. I'm guessing it sat there for a year, the box was "mummified", very faded and brittle. At very large apartment complexes, they just leave them wherever, even if its not close to the customers apartment. I think Amazon believes it is just more efficient to send a replacement order, than deliver them to the correct house.

One of my neighbors got a pic of her package delivered to her house. Her complaint was it wasn't her house.

They were promoting "entrepreneurs" to start their own delivery service, and be sub-contractors through Amazon. I guess if it was a very motivated individual, it could work. But they are responsible for not only their own, but their employees insurance, fuel costs, and liability. One mishap with a driver, and they could lose everything. I heard they were also offering a flat rate of $120 a day for sub-contractors. A lot of those guys are working 12 hours a day, burning their own fuel, wear and tear on their car, and they should adjust their vehicle insurance to include it is being used for a business. Yes, they can deduct it on their taxes, but for ~$10/hr. Why I probably see such a high turnover.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I also have paid for Prime for 10+ years and I would guess my delivery percentage is at least 99%. If we have a late delivery, it is generally in Florida over the winter.

Occasionally, 2 day becomes 3 day in the past 2 years but we can live with it.

We probably order 100 times per year.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
How is your UPS store addressing setup??

Here it is a street address with a number.
Just as if it were an apartment. Do you indicate with Amazon it is a business?

Here Unless you indicate it is a business one would think it is a residential address.
Especially now with Amazon being in the fledgling delivery service sometimes they use their own folks sometimes they use a contract company it is not surprising.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
1234 Example Street #100
PMB 123
Germantown TN 38139

Just like it's been since I've had the box. Absolutely nothing has changed. Amazon has had their folks deliver there before many times without issue.

I did send an email to jeff@amazon. We'll see if anything comes of it. I also called the customer service number and got a refund.

I hope the worst is over. I have another package that might be trapped in the same shipping limbo as my other shit supposed to be arriving today.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

How is your UPS store addressing setup?? Do you indicate with Amazon it is a business? Unless you indicate it is a business one would think it is a residential address.
I have never seen, on an Amazon order web page, a place to specify business address vs. residential address.

Where did you find this?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

How is your UPS store addressing setup?? Do you indicate with Amazon it is a business? Unless you indicate it is a business one would think it is a residential address.
I have never seen, on an Amazon order web page, a place to specify business address vs. residential address.

Where did you find this?

I believe it asked me when I was adding a new card to my wallet that had a different shipping address than billing address. I was not making a purchase at the time just adding a new card.
I have not been asked on individual purchases.

At least I believe it was Amazon. But also there is usually a section for delivery notes/instructions.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I must have made waves with my email, because the customer service representative who called me yesterday was falling over himself trying to make up for it. He noted the hours of operation of my UPS store because they weren't listed in their system, and assured me that they're doing what they can to ensure this doesn't happen again. We'll see.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
IME, Amazon Logistics is fine when it's being delivered in their own MB Sprinter vans.

It's the Uber-like version of Amazon Logistics that is real erratic. Lots of drivers doing it for a 2nd job, and sometimes it's 3 or 4 am before they deliver. Uber-like driver doing it is a 2nd job is likely the reason that it's going out for delivery at 6 PM.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:
I must have made waves with my email, because the customer service representative who called me yesterday was falling over himself trying to make up for it. He noted the hours of operation of my UPS store because they weren't listed in their system, and assured me that they're doing what they can to ensure this doesn't happen again. We'll see.
Don't hold your breath.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I'm not, but I can dream.