SIGforum
Apple stuff usually works but not this upgrade

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3300094584

September 29, 2021, 08:53 PM
mcrimm
Apple stuff usually works but not this upgrade
I upgraded to a new iPhone 13 Pro from a 11 Pro with a great deal from Verizon. Phone works great but my series 4 Watch wouldn’t pair. I tried everything but no joy. Apple announced a patch called 15.0.1 that should have gone live Monday. Still waiting. I finally upgraded the ios on my phone to 15.1 beta 1 and then 15.1 beta 2 and it finally worked. Many hours of my life I won’t get back.

Sooooo. I get my wife’s new 13 today. The damn thing won’t activate. Spent 45 minutes with Apple tech and she pushed me to Verizon. Unbelievably, they cut me off in the middle of a chat…..we’re now closed.

10/14 Update. After downloading IOS 15.1 Beta 3 to my new phone, I have full functionality with it. My watch syncs, I can unlock my MacBook Pro and Mac with the watch and all is well.

In our immediate family, we bought 5 iPhone 13s and had trouble with 3 of them. All have Apple watches and Apple computers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcrimm,

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
September 29, 2021, 10:19 PM
Pyker
It appears the 13 is having major issues with IoS 15.

The Forbes take on IoS15. Update at the end of the article.
September 30, 2021, 07:32 AM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
It appears the 13 is having major issues with IoS 15.

Not just the iPhone 13, either. There are problems across the board with iOS 15. A couple of mentions:

iOS 15 Messages Bug Causes Saved Photos to Be Deleted

Some iPhone 13 Users Reporting Intermittent Touch Issues, Older Models Also Affected After Updating to iOS 15

When in doubt, mumble
September 30, 2021, 10:08 AM
tsmccull
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep my old 6S at 14.
September 30, 2021, 02:00 PM
V-Tail
Weird. We have installed iOS 15 on three iPhones in our house. Seems faster than 14, and 15 plays nicer with Apple Watch than 14 did.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
September 30, 2021, 02:27 PM
Flash-LB
Upgraded to 15 on both our XR iPhones and they're running great.
September 30, 2021, 02:44 PM
ZSMICHAEL
It is hit and miss with those folks. I upgraded to 14 and it still works.
September 30, 2021, 05:27 PM
PASig
Never get the first version of a major release. I always wait a cycle or two, don’t you realize you’re a beta tester?

October 14, 2021, 01:06 AM
sjtill
I first read about problems with iOS 15 elsewhere. I'm waiting for 15.1 or more.

October 14, 2021, 03:35 AM
YooperSigs
Just updated to 15.02 yesterday.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
October 14, 2021, 08:16 AM
erj_pilot
^^^^^
And???? Inquiring minds want to know! Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
October 14, 2021, 10:23 AM
PASig
I'm glad I waited! I'll wait a few more months for my 12 Pro Max

I was directed to update my work iPhone XR to 15.02 yesterday and the first thing I noticed was that Apple copied Chrome for Safari and I hate how it works now. Mad

October 14, 2021, 10:44 AM
V-Tail
quote:
I was directed to update my work iPhone XR to 15.02 yesterday and the first thing I noticed was that Apple copied Chrome for Safari and I hate how it works now.
It could be worse. It could be Android. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
October 14, 2021, 10:55 AM
arfmel
This is what I get with IOS 15.0.1 when I open a thread on this forum now. Not every post in the thread, but one like it in several threads.

October 14, 2021, 12:38 PM
YooperSigs
For the inquiring minds: So far, so good. But it does seem weird that updates are coming one right after another these days...

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
October 14, 2021, 03:53 PM
V-Tail
quote:
But it does seem weird that updates are coming one right after another
It's not that unusual to find an "oh, shit" soon after the release of a new version of software.

Back when I did it for a living, we always had a couple of people on standby to deal with this sort of thing when significant changes were released.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
October 14, 2021, 09:41 PM
HRK
Nothing works like live user field testing to find the bugs..
October 14, 2021, 10:36 PM
lkdr1989
I've been using Brave browser as my default for all my computers & phones.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
October 15, 2021, 07:53 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Nothing works like live user field testing to find the bugs..

That's correct, and it's because there are probably tens of millions of possible things that can be done with all the apps and things inside them. It makes it impossible to check everything because it would take years and even then you couldn't be sure as apps get updates all the time also.
October 16, 2021, 07:56 PM
Spiff_P239
I’m running 15.0.2 on my iPhone 12 mini and haven’t had any issues but then again, I don’t use an Apple Watch. It’s been reliable for me so far.