SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Flu shot and Covid booster, oh what fun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flu shot and Covid booster, oh what fun. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
Sunday afternoon got both done at the behest of my Cardiologist and my wife. Not sure which one kicked my ass but Sunday night to steal from James Brown “I Got The Feeling” that it wasn’t going to be a good night.

Fever, chills, both arms sore,Covid side first, later on that one stopped hurting and went to the flu shot side. Finally dragged myself out of bed around noon today, been sleeping on and off most of the day.

Doubting anything tonight, think it’s all past now. Should definitely be over by Wednesday, my next work day this week.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
This thread will be quickly corrupted, if not locked, but that's interesting. My wife got both at the same time, and not even a sore arm.
I got them separately and again no reaction at all.

Hope you feel better soon.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm betting on the flue one... at least for me the Covids.... vacs and booster had no side effects at all...

Now I do have to say I've never had a flue shot... did feel a little under the weather from the fist shingles vac. I got .... wife got pretty sick a few years back when she got the flue one and now she refuses to get another.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bride & me are getting the flu shot only, never had any boosters, so far ok.

I’m waiting for the newest & most deadly version of the wuflu. Created by our own friggin’ Boston U. As if we don’t have enough on the plate? Why even create this?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I waited over a week before I got the other one, just to avoid having to deal with dueling side effects. Just a slightly sore arm from each, which is similar to what I’ve had with either in the past. I did get them in different arms, though. I never understood the recommendation to get both at the same time. Seemed a stupid idea to me.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the high dose flu shot for old farts and no reaction at all, not even a sore arm.
Saw this the other day which was a surprise:

“Previous research has suggested that flu vaccines may protect the brain from dementia, and a new study from the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth in Houston makes the case even stronger.

This study, published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, compared more than 47,000 people age 65 and older who were vaccinated against flu to a similar group of nearly 80,000 people who were not vaccinated. The findings: Those who got a flu shot were 40 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease over a four-year period.”

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I got a senior-strength flu shot about a week ago:

FLU ZONE HD QUAD 2022-23 PFS

No adverse effects. Not even minor arm soreness. No COVID booster though.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
My workplace does a Flu Clinic every year at about this time. Just one Flu shot. Sore spot on the injection sight, but other than that, no effects. No booster for me. I'm all set with COVID with the COVIDians.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My COVID boosters were completely innocuous. I've survived without a flu shot.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I got a senior-strength flu shot about a week ago:

FLU ZONE HD QUAD 2022-23 PFS

No adverse effects. Not even minor arm soreness. No COVID booster though.

Same for me and Mrs. Flash

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
The first time I got covid was days after my flu shot in 2021.
Not getting one this year, we'll see what does or doesn't happen.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This study, published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, compared more than 47,000 people age 65 and older who were vaccinated against flu to a similar group of nearly 80,000 people who were not vaccinated. The findings: Those who got a flu shot were 40 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease over a four-year period.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Be nice if this were the case. Not exactly research. No control group or matching for different variables. Junk science.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Be nice if this were the case. Not exactly research. No control group or matching for different variables. Junk science.

Only reason I get them is because of my Cardiologist. Got him luck of the draw in early ‘98, he’s one of the top in this area and I listen to him.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
This study, published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, [found] Those who got a flu shot were 40 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease over a four-year period.”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's a shock

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although I’ve never seen any other discussion of it, I’ve long thought that the more vaccinations one has had, the less minor side effects another is likely to cause. The first I remember were at age eight before moving to France where my father was stationed, but there would have been some earlier. I got more in preparation for his second tour and of course many more when I was in the Army myself. I once got three in one arm and two in another during the same session—and no ill effects.

It would be interesting to know if there’s anything to my theory.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got both 3 weeks ago- same arm / same time. No ill effects whatsoever.

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Im back to "normal", however that definition applies today, just sore arms.

Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I got both this year on the same day. I usually never ger a sore arm. But the flu shot gave me a sore arm. I had a little side effect of one of them.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got them two weeks apart. The flu shot was fine. The new Covid booster kicked my ass.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
got the pfizer booster on friday and just have a sore shoulder. flu shot at my doctor's at the end of the month.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post