SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    CARP!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CARP! Login/Join 
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Strawberry jello mixed into cornmeal till cornbread consistency then mix flour. In until it stiffens up to a playdough consistency. Bury a hook in a nickel sized ball and gently cast it. Let them run with the bait a bit before setting hook.

Excellent fighters with the added bonus of good size potential.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think most people shy away from eating them because they're "Bottom feeders." There are probably farm ones that are raised, they're a different story. Same with catfish I believe.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
There are some 3.5-4'ers hanging out in a hole under the bridge near our house. My son and I tried catching them the the other day with some corn, but they weren't having it. We used to eat them growing up in the Czech Republic...it's a Christmas tradition and they sell them live on the streets out of huge tanks that they set up. Some folks take them home and let them swim in the bathtub for a couple of days to clean them out before butchering them. It's really not bad eating, but very bony. Those were farm-raised, though...I've never tried wild caught.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Brother in law used to love to fish for them.

Years ago he knew an old guy in town that would buy all he caught for a buck a piece if he brought them by his house on the way home.

He said you just had to know a couple tricks of how to clean them and they could be pretty good.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post