SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lowes military discount
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lowes military discount Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I don't we can call it a redneck diner anymore.
They still serve country ham, grits, biscuits & sausage gravy. Even though they have added bulgogi as a menu item.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmm, Bulgogi

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
This gripe is starting to get the notice of media. Fish wrapper today, but if this gets enough steam, maybe Lowes will have to rethink what they are doing.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/...-lowe-153709357.html

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
This gripe is starting to get the notice of media. Fish wrapper today, but if this gets enough steam, maybe Lowes will have to rethink what they are doing.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/...-lowe-153709357.html

The categories that the discount no longer applies to are because of the slim margin on those items. Guess the people raising hell about it won’t be happy til Lowe’s goes out of business.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Is it really that big of a deal to make out of maybe $30-50?

No shit he didn't get told. Did he want the CEO of Lowes to personally visit him and tell him?

The entitlement for some people is out of this world and that includes many veterans.

Veterans earned a GI Bill, health care, paycheck while they served and retirement (under certain circumstances) but some now feel entitled to disability (many cases not deserved), property tax exemption, free car tags and discounts everywhere.

And I'll clear up the disability statement before anyone gets their underwear all bunched up. I have met so many shitbags who never left this country yet claim and get disability so they can receive a check every month. These are people who have never left this country, never been injured in a training accident and are not victims of sexual harassment/assault. But they play the system and claim PTSD. Where the fuck do you get PTSD from when you have been in for 17 years and never left America?

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
NK402 -- I believe that was the Home Depot policy a few years ago, but no longer true.

I recently registered at the Customer Service desk at the local Home Depot store. They assigned an ID that automatically brings up the veteran discount at both the self-service checkouts and the checkouts that are staffed. It works year round, not restricted to Veterans' Day.

Lowes does that as well, you have to register it to get the discount, or have your ID with you.

What redneck diner are you referring to, as there are several in that area LOL

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
What redneck diner are you referring to, as there are several in that area LOL

Robinson in Apopka.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Robinson in Apopka.

Oh yeah been there got the biscuit!

Forgot all about it...

BTW if you guys like Robinson's take a ride/drive up to the Mason Jar, in Dona Vista just up 19 from Eustis.

Excellent diner, breakfast is great as is the rest of the menu, get the country ham!

You automatically have to like the place with an
entrance like this!

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Is it mandatory to dine armed?

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Flip side to the 'veteran entitlement' is that Lowes used to only give the discount on Veterans Day. Then they generously opened it to year round. (Insert Borat Vary NIIIICE .gif) But my local ones required you sign up for a Lowes account and tie your ID.Me account to it to get the discount. So now seeing a lot of items no longer eligible without any notice is a bit of a slap in the face of the military. Especially since a lot of the excluded items are what you would go there for. Yes, Bro-vets are a meme in the military, and around Vet's Day my social media is flooded with jokes at their expense. But that discount also applies to active duty service members. And a lot of junior enlisted and butter bars that discount for a big ticket item can mean a lot.

Plus Lowes did get some positive PR out of it when it was going, and I'm sure part of the reason they play up the "We support the vets" is to get other patriotic Americans to shop there.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I haven't ran in to a situation that it wasn't honored, I can totally understand not getting it on a clearance item

Used it yesterday on $2k worth of patio furniture the Smokin' Hot Wife NEEDED Roll Eyes

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, it is the Gunshine state, if you aren't, odds are that every other person there is....

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, it is the Gunshine state, if you aren't, odds are that every other person there is....

Aint but two ways to enjoy Florida, armed or hopped up on bath salts.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6300 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife was a Manager at Lowe's . She was always telling me about how she took care of the vets , especially the older ones .She could override the transaction and give a discount on any item . Her Dad and mine were both vets so they have a special place in her heart .

Posts: 4044 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Went to Home Depot today and got 10% off on a clearance item (Amdro fire ant granules) and a compact fridge for my office. Wasn't expecting the Amdro or fridge to get the discount but I was pleasantly surprised.

Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Hmmm, disgruntled over an insufficient entitlement! You'd think one would/should be grateful that there's ANY discount offered...Just Sayin'

Ditto.....

I'll step out on a limb here and speak for all the active and prior military on this forum and say that we don't demand or WANT a discount.

We simply don't want to be bullshitted.

You can read my post for further explanation of my experience with Lowes.

Don't parade your military bullshit, veteran parking, blah blah blah and sell it like that, then continue to take take take.

It's a cunt hair away from blatant lying.

I agree with this 100%. I’ve always gone to Lowes over Home Depot as I feel it is a better shopping experience AND they had much much less B.S. with their military discount than home depot. With this change, I will continue to shop there but definitely will be limiting my expenditures.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Home Depot took 10% off my lumbar yesterday, saved me over $30.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I shop HD as Lowes is 20 miles away. They have my phone number in their system that gives my 10% off everyday on everything I buy. I served 6 years active - Navy.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post