SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Midway US Coupon False Advertisement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway US Coupon False Advertisement Login/Join 
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted
I have been purchasing from Midway USA for almost 10 years now and never had any problem. Until today. I was at work yesterday and was going to purchase a firearm on-line. I came across a 10% coupon code "10OFF2324". I logged into my account. Placed the firearm in my cart, added the code and it gave me $70 off. Not bad. But I don't want to get in trouble at work. I have decided to wait until today, at home. I logged into my account. Tried to finalize my order. Then I got a message that the code has already been used. Huh?

I called customer service to ask what is going on. I was told that the code was for FIRST Time Users ONLY (new account).

I have a screenshot of the coupon description and it showed/stated "10% Off Orders Above $75". And when I add the item to my cart, it shows "Eligible for 10OFF2324". I even have a screenshot.

Someone from Midway USA need to work or correct their back end programming.

Posts: 1919 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If the coupon does not have any "fine print" showing a restriction for "first time users," maybe contact Midway again. If the agent you reach is obstinate, request escalation to a supervisor. Or contact the President / CEO (Matt Fleming). His email address is mattFleming@midwayusa.com

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that information V-Tail. Yeah. No fine print of such exemption (that is why I took screenshots). I will email that CEO and send the screenshots.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If the coupon does not have any "fine print" showing a restriction for "first time users," maybe contact Midway again. If the agent you reach is obstinate, request escalation to a supervisor. Or contact the President / CEO (Matt Fleming). His email address is mattFleming@midwayusa.com

Posts: 1919 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I hope it works out for you. I really hate deceptive advertising, bait-and-switch, etc.

How did you receive the coupon? If it was mailed, you might have a case for mail fraud. Or maybe an FTC* violation. Truth in Advertising.
*Federal Trade Commission

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post