SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Citibank CC called me wanting explanation of knife purchases.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citibank CC called me wanting explanation of knife purchases. Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

So it's not simply about selling data, but protecting the company, all manufacturing companies are going to go this route, just like an app on your iPhone, you will have to agree to the EULA each time you fire up your 4 wheel PC or it's not going to start. From which the EULA will allow them to publicize and collect/share your driving data.

Saw this coming a mile away. Started building my fleet of vehicles 11 years ago. Over the next 5 years they will implement this, on all vehicles. I barely made it with my truck, a 2019 model without ADAS. 2020, all of them came with ADAS standard. That’s just the start of this bs. The automobile mfr’s are already working on cellular in every vehicle, talking to each other via towers. All vehicles on the road.

I’m being diligent financially to buy one last manual performance car (affordable that is) before the jig is up. After that I’m set. My DD will get traded in when they have some small cheap hatchback that I can get in the backseat, lay down, and have the car drive my ass to work. Rest of my shit will be analog. They want all your data, 24/7, including your sleep patterns. People are mindless just giving their privacy away via their smartphone and apps, especially social media applications.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
She also said my relationship with Citibank might be affected if I did not answer her questions.

"What a coincidence...my relationship with Citibank might be affected by your asking these questions...."

==============================================
Not "might be". Was, as I just canceled it!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If you ordered a case of dildos would she call and ask who you're going to use them on? Roll Eyes

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
If you ordered a case of dildos would she call and ask who you're going to use them on? Roll Eyes

Without irony, it has been reported that dildos are now chipped to send feedback of habitual use.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Total BS!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Tell her you're a ninja, and these are tax-deductible work related expenses.

Edgy, Nismosan, very edgy.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Great Karma. I"m in!

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
Citibank called me wanting explanation of credit card purchases. The card currently has a zero balance. They wanted to know why I had purchased several times from GPknives, Knifecenter & Knifeworks Oct thru Dec 2020. I told her it was none of Citibank's business. She then said it was Federal Law under "Know Your Customer Program". She also said my relationship with Citibank might be affected if I did not answer her questions. I then explained that I did not need Citibank.

Who's your new credit card carrier?

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who's your new credit card carrier?

I also have USAA Visa & USAA AmEx, but USAA's security has caused me problems every time I try to get a airplane ticket or any item of several hundred dollars. I use AmEx & Discover. I also need a card that does not charge international fees & I can buy an airplane ticket at 1am US time in an a European airport. USAA security does not allow that & security is only available 8 to 5 US time.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I would have simply hung up on them the moment I understood the reason for the call.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Without irony, it has been reported that dildos are now chipped to send feedback of habitual use.

Come again???

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:

Come again???

Exactly.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1950 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:

Come again???

Exactly.

Somebody owes me a [clean] keyboard and new cup of coffee!!!

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post