SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ever get excited about a product then see the price???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever get excited about a product then see the price??? Login/Join 
Picture of wallacemf
posted Hide Post
I have a 2018 Ram 2500, I installed the clearance lights on it. I don't know if Ford has anything like this, but Mopar sells the kit for the Ram trucks. It includes the lights, wiring, fuse tap and a template that you tape on the roof, the template is printed with the holes to drill. Remove the front pillar covers and the headliner drops enough to get your hands in there. It really wasn't too bad, not sure if the Fords are more or less difficult or if they offer a complete kit like that.

Posts: 377 | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
They are powered by the goofy mags on each axle.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Purdey double shotguns.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Every time I attend the Vegas Antique Arms Show. I see scores of old Smith Registered Magnums, old .38/.44 Heayy Duties, double rifles, lithe Mannlicher bolt guns, etc. THEN look at the price tag!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Every friggin day!! Everything is soo expensive, we just get used to over-inflated prices Frown

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My F250 had cab lights on it when I bought it new.

I really like the LINK system for an AR, until I saw the price.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
On the other hand, having another fat remote on the keychain instead of a transmitter pigtailed into the wiring harness? That I just don't understand.

There are zero wires. Each light is independent and solar.
I’d make a little dash pod for the remote and not keep it on the key chain.

That is the whole problem in a nutshell. Because Energy IN = Energy OUT. Quite simply the Solar Cell cannot produce very much energy due to the small footprint of the cell. Means that on the output side you have 1 of 2 chioces, a very dim light that will last for a few hours or a brighter light that will exhaust the storage cell in 1/2 hour or less.

If you want a real world example of this issue take a walk around your neighborhood about 3:00 in the morning. What you will find is that those solar driveway lights that were sort of well lit at 9:00 PM are now going dead or in the process of going dead and putting out just a tiny smidgen of light. YeaH, I know, those driveway lights are dirt cheap and probably have inferior batteries and solar cell. That doesn't change the simply Physics involved. What doesn't change is the amount of sunlight that falls on a postage stamp sized solar cell. With that small of an area the difference in energy generated by the most and least efficient solar cell will be quite small. Because the difference between 7 and 9 milliwatt hours is only 2 milliwatt hours or 0.002 watt hours. BTW, the wired cab light probably draw something in the range of 3 watts per light for incandescent or something in the range of 0.8 watt per light for LED.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post