SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Comcast...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comcast... Login/Join 
posted
Where in the hell do they find these people who work in support?

Arrrgh.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I've had to call them twice this week. It's horrible. A local company has started providing fiber internet to my area and I'm really thinking about making the switch.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three years ago Comcast Xfinity support was in Texas. Problems with the Internet was resolved in about 10 minutes with a phone call to a tech in Texas.

That was then.....

Tonight, I spent close to 3 hours on the phone with Comcast Xfinity support in the Philippines with people who couldn't understand me or I couldn't understand them. I had to spell out each word.

I was disconnected three times and had to call back and then got transferred to several departments who didn't know anything about Hotspot Internet.

This is progress?

Tomorrow morning, I call the CC company to dispute the charge.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I'll have to eat my words a bit. A technician came out this morning and fixed my issue. He was right on time, very nice, and had me fixed up in about 20 minutes. He was retired military and showed me a picture of an SKS another technician found hidden behind insulation in a house he was installing cable in. He was a good guy. I wish the people that answer the customer support phone lines were as knowledgeable and helpful.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine went to work at Comcast HQ in Philly as a manager for a department of these helpdesk people.

I think he lasted about a month, then bailed when he couldn't hack it, he said it was unbelievable trying to manage and get these clowns to do their jobs. Of course he had ZERO support from anyone above him when he would try to get a minority to to stop goofing off and work.

Posts: 33765 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They are rehires from those fired at DirectV

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post