SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Broke my phone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broke my phone Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
How much of that 50 GB does a 256 GB iPhone use? I assume that there is some sort of compression, but how efficient is that?

I have 2 128GB phones I back up to it, mine and Mrs. Flash's phone.

I just checked and I have 46.3 GB free, so I'm using 3.7 GB of the 50GB.

Both phones have around half of their built in memory free at this point, so I'm backing up 128GB of data.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Update-I got the screen fixed and everything transferred. Once the screen was fixed it was relatively painless. And the fix was half what I expected.

Definitely gonna back up everything religiously from now on!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Update-I got the screen fixed and everything transferred. Once the screen was fixed it was relatively painless. And the fix was half what I expected.

What was the fix entail?

I once dropped my old iphone, which caused the screen to not respond to any touch, along with white lines going down the screen. I have some experience taking the phone apart, and what ended up it being was one of the ribbon connections got knocked loose.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Settings -> <your name> -> iCloud -> iCloud Backup -> On

I cannot imagine why anybody would do any differently.

99 cents a month if you surpass the free storage space is well worth the price.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

What was the fix entail?

I once dropped my old iphone, which caused the screen to not respond to any touch, along with white lines going down the screen. I have some experience taking the phone apart, and what ended up it being was one of the ribbon connections got knocked loose.

When I dropped the phone (technically it was accidentally knocked from my hand) it landed glass down on a paved parking lot. A raised part of the asphalt struck right next to the home button and shattered the screen, despite the Otterbox and screen protector. I could not see anything. I paid $100 to have it replaced while I was working yesterday. I had full function and was able to transfer everything identically from one phone to the other. It was actually so much easier than I could’ve imagined.

Since they are giving me the $700 credit and my phone is so old I’m going to keep the new one and trade in the old one.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

What was the fix entail?

When I dropped the phone (technically it was accidentally knocked from my hand) it landed glass down on a paved parking lot. A raised part of the asphalt struck right next to the home button and shattered the screen, despite the Otterbox and screen protector. I could not see anything. I paid $100 to have it replaced while I was working yesterday. I had full function and was able to transfer everything identically from one phone to the other. It was actually so much easier than I could’ve imagined.

Since they are giving me the $700 credit and my phone is so old I’m going to keep the new one and trade in the old one.

Any ideas what you have your eye on? I've read the iPhone 13's may be rolling out in Sept.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post