SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Annoying chipmunk
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annoying chipmunk Login/Join 
posted
I’m on vacation in a cabin we rented for a long weekend. There is a chipmunk driving me nuts, he won’t shut up! Does anybody have any quick solutions that won’t land me in jail?

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Play rap music or Camp LeJeune lawsuit ads from your portable boombox in his general direction.
Crank up the volume until his eyes bulge, the stripes on his back turn into commas, his little buckteeth shatter, and he waves

the white flag and retires from the contest.

Or go to the local Outdoor World and return with an air rifle. Because nakedly chack-chacking your 12 G in plain view is overkill. This time.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a very nice Beeman R9 .22 that I left at home. I’m really kicking myself for that.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:.. Does anybody have any quick solutions that won’t land me in jail?

Go all Gambini on him!

(NSFW)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sigmonkey, believe me, that scene was going through my head. The little snot finally quit.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Back in the late 79s/early 80s, I was on flying duty night sorties, and trying to sleep during the day with Florida Panhandle "Red cockaded woodpeckers" in love with the metal chimney cap on my house. "Brrrrrrrtrrinkkkkk!!!!!" Repeated every 3-5 seconds.

Ran out with my Smiff an Western model 19 a few times and that bastard flew off before I could do the stupid.

But, boy did I want to in the worst way.

So, yeah, I almost peed myself when I saw that scene first time.

And a favorite.

Glad "Elvis", has left the building.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Galena ,Illinois
In the mid 80's

Rented a very very nice secluded cabin for a "romantic " weekend.

A Whippoorwill thirty feet from the deck off the bedroom did not shut up from midnight till sun rise.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When it comes to chipmunks nothing deals with them quite like one of these.

In the past three days Sylvester has killed two of them and brought them home. A few months ago he beheaded a chipmunk and left the body on our doorstep. Eek

This kitteh doesn’t travel with us but we used to bring our all black kitty to OBX on vacation.

I’m not sure what works besides a murderous kitty. Our neighbor hates the things and has been struggling for years to keep them away from her house. She LOVES our Vesty and the carnage he brings to the local chipmunk communities.

The thing that blows my mind is that he doesn’t do it because he is hungry. He seems to bring the chipmunk bodies home after I feed him a nice BIG meal. Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Alvin!!!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes, Dave?

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
A rat trap would work, if so inclined.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
When it comes to chipmunks nothing deals with them quite like one of these.

In the past three days Sylvester has killed two of them and brought them home. A few months ago he beheaded a chipmunk and left the body on our doorstep. Eek

This kitteh doesn’t travel with us but we used to bring our all black kitty to OBX on vacation.

I’m not sure what works besides a murderous kitty. Our neighbor hates the things and has been struggling for years to keep them away from her house. She LOVES our Vesty and the carnage he brings to the local chipmunk communities.

The thing that blows my mind is that he doesn’t do it because he is hungry. He seems to bring the chipmunk bodies home after I feed him a nice BIG meal. Eek

Based on appearance, Sylvester isn’t a cat to trifle with.

Backing away slowly: nice kitty, nice kitty …

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I spend some time in the Philippines. Friggin' roosters. Everybody's got one. They never shut up from like sun up to sun down. My brother in law is a lawyer in Manila, so I asked him how much trouble I'd get in if I crossed the street and stomped the f'n thing to death. He said it would depend on whether it was a pet or food. He said worst case scenario probably a $50 fine. I told him the roosters days were numbered.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
My solution:

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had two of them that ran around my deck eating the spilled bird seed . Haven't seen them in a couple of weeks ..

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Galena ,Illinois
In the mid 80's

Rented a very very nice secluded cabin for a "romantic " weekend.

A Whippoorwill thirty feet from the deck off the bedroom did not shut up from midnight till sun rise.

My favorite is when they don’t “whippoorwill” any longer and they just start using the short condensed version of “whip-whip-whip”! Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
We had a Chipmunk that would stand up at our French doors just to torment our Pit. After awhile the Pitty just started to ignore them little rat b******.

Well until one day. Came home from work and pulled the bike in the back yard. As I’m circling the yard I see one of the downspouts, the bottom elbow and the down pipe is flattened out with teeth marks in it. Called my wife out to see what precious pup did, we are both shocked to say the least.

So I start to disassemble the carnage and run to Home Depot before they closed (abbreviated hours), pull the flattened elbow and the pipe down and see a little paw and a tail inside there and not moving. Figured out ol’Chip or Dale decided it’s time to screw with the dog again and assumed that the downspout was the best escape point. Worked good until he hit the vertical and remembered there was no Chipmunk ladder inside!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My birdfeeder supports an entire ecosystem. Chipmunks (many of them), Red Squirrels, Gray Squirrels, Raccoons, Rabbits and lots of birds.
I sit on the patio with a bag of peanuts and have many friends. As long as the peanuts hold out. The Chipmunks make an annoying noise but nothing compared to the racket the Red Squirrels make. The main function the rodents serve is to clean up the spilled birdseed and they do a great job. Its also like TV for my cat.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Nature, ain't she one mean bitch?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
We had an annoying gray squirrel raiding our bird feeder. Haven’t seen him since Sept. 28. I suspect it identified as a flying squirrel during Ian.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post