SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Car Dealers: You Are Not Allowed To Shoot Them
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Dealers: You Are Not Allowed To Shoot Them Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just 30 days into a 2021 Forester. Bought at invoice (supposedly). turned out to be a dealer trade and had 200 miles on it. Wife accompanied me and she was tired of car shopping. They had 0 percent interest but we did not use it. Costco price is a reference, but they all try and get you to come in and talk. Best price was from Chicago area dealers. But driving up there, trading current car, and driving back was too much hassle.
Wife's happy. I know we overpaid.
Now the two of us have three vehicles. Really just need one 99 percent of the time

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
We were looking for a new Toyota Land Cruiser and the only one we could find was at a dealership with sixty five miles on it getting the transmission replaced!

Go figure that one out!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5059 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I went to buy a new car, I did the same and built mine out and took the printout in. I told the salesmen I get it, you have a job, and that job is to move inventory. I appreciate that but I am telling you I am in no hurry and I want this exact build, if you have that great. He kept trying to sell me a black one he had that was close to what I wanted, but I wanted a blue one. He said black is a nice color. I asked him, If you paid me $30,000 to paint your house blue and you come home and its black, are you happy, or are you unhappy? He still didnt have an answer.

I went to another dealer who did a dealer trade for me and I had it right away. Very shortly after we were back at the first dealer getting some service on our other car since they were right by the house. The salesmen recognized my wife and asked her, so I guess you didnt get the car them. She said Oh yes we did, he is outside the door to pick me up in the new car. And what color is it?

Blue he said.

Yup, imagine that I was serious about what I wanted.

I have a couple of more stories, to the point I am not allowed to go car shopping with my wife anymore because I am such an asshole to the salesmen, but I have ZERO patience for someone whose job it is to make me spend $30k and feel good about it, but instead are ignorant, condescending, worthless morons.

One guy told my wife she was too emotional, after she drove an hour to see about a deal that THEY sent to us, and we called before going to make sure it was real. Then when she arrived they said they never heard of it, even though she had just talked to the guy on the phone an hour before.

One guy wouldnt give the price until I bought the car. WTF???

And one guy was brilliant, and I went in to buy a stripped down diesel Jeep, and walked out buying a loaded ass Charger SRT.. lol... and i walked out happy thinking it was my idea... now that was a good salesman. LOL

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post