SIGforum
So now the complaints/excuses start

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3080079344

July 05, 2018, 06:59 AM
Elk Hunter
So now the complaints/excuses start
NFL player loses part of his hand to fireworks.

Seems to be blaming the fireworks rather that his lighting them off in his hand!

Kind of like those who insist on blaming the guns for the violence.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...h-graphic-photo.html

I am, admittedly, an official old fart, but I remember back when I was a kid. We knew that holding firecrackers in our hand while lighting the fuses was not smart.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
July 05, 2018, 07:12 AM
Todd Huffman
This happened in 2015, and from what I read he's warning others to take care or this could happen. He's made a remarkable comeback from the injury to continue playing in the NFL.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
July 05, 2018, 07:12 AM
fpuhan
This is a three year old story.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
July 05, 2018, 07:59 AM
Graniteguy
JPP in 2015. Old.
July 05, 2018, 06:10 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

You didn't read the story. The injury is three years old. The story linked is about him telling people to be careful with fireworks and was posted to Fox News 19 hours ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
July 05, 2018, 08:11 PM
GregY
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

You didn't read the story. The injury is three years old. The story linked is about him telling people to be careful with fireworks and was posted to Fox News 19 hours ago.

Yes this is the exact opposite of complaining.

This is a man offering to hold himself up as an object lesson, telling the world 'do not do the stupid things I did, it can hurt'.
July 06, 2018, 06:34 PM
DMF
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Seems to be blaming the fireworks rather that his lighting them off in his hand!

I am, admittedly, an official old fart, but I remember back when I was a kid. We knew that holding firecrackers in our hand while lighting the fuses was not smart.
Would you care to quote exactly where he blames the fireworks? I read everything in the link you provided, twice, and don't see anywhere where he either explicitly, or implicitly, blames the fireworks. So how about you point it out to us?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
July 06, 2018, 06:50 PM
bald1
Dayum Big Grin Another senior moment right Elk? I suffer from them now and again myself! LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
July 06, 2018, 11:38 PM
Pale Horse
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:

Would you care to quote exactly where he blames the fireworks? I read everything in the link you provided, twice, and don't see anywhere where he either explicitly, or implicitly, blames the fireworks. So how about you point it out to us?

People see what they want to see.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
July 06, 2018, 11:44 PM
DMF
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:

People see what they want to see.
People should take the time to see the truth, rather than simply invent lies in their own head. Howver, I doubt he'll come back and admit his claims, including the thread title, were completely fake.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
July 07, 2018, 07:56 AM
RHINOWSO
Ops normal then.

Enraged, Incorrect, Invisible.
July 07, 2018, 04:50 PM
DMF
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Ops normal then.

Enraged, Incorrect, Invisible.
Good. I thought I might be the only one who noticed that pattern of behavior.

July 09, 2018, 11:02 AM
szuppo
How the hell do you come up with him blaming the fireworks? Silly talk.

Semper Fi
July 16, 2018, 01:07 AM
DMF
So the OP certainly "quit" this thread, and wasn't "too old to run" away from it after he quit.

Wink

July 16, 2018, 09:00 AM
Elk Hunter
No, I am not running away. Have been out of town for a while, and do not normally do much on "what's your deal.

My apologies to the forum for not doing more research before posting this topic.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
July 16, 2018, 09:03 AM
DMF
Research? This has nothing to do with lack of research. You were dishonest about the contents of the article you linked to in the opening post. No amount of research was required, simple honesty on your part was the thing lacking.

Whether or not you "do much on "what's your deal."" is certainly debatable: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...Type=1&search=Search