SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    OH NO! Text says "Your Debit.Card have been locked..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OH NO! Text says "Your Debit.Card have been locked.. Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted
Just got a text from online.banking.activity.alerts-074 saying Call 866524166 Now! Your Debit.Card have been locked! Account-ID: (My landline number) Guess what you Freaking scamming piece of excrement? I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING DEBIT CARD!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if you can get them to unlock it, maybe you will. Just be sure to get them to give you the PIN number for it so you can use it! And give them Bob Smith’s mailing address (he always resides at 100 Main St. in whatever town it is).

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Well damn.....I thought I was the popular one and got all the scam mail. All Aboard! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Amazon acct gets frozen every month… and I don’t have one.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Well, if you can get them to unlock it, maybe you will. Just be sure to get them to give you the PIN number for it so you can use it! And give them Bob Smith’s mailing address (he always resides at 100 Main St. in whatever town it is).

Bob Smith is my brother-in-law, a genuinely good and decent guy. I'm sure he is tired of everybody dumping all that crap on his credit history.

Please find another name to use when discussing your financial issues with the nice gentleman or lady with marginal "English as a second language" issues sitting in a phone bank in a foreign country answering your calls.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1092 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I've been getting calls about my 3-digit overdue power company bill.

Except it's with a power company that isn't in my area and I don't connect to.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Both my wife and I's EBT cards have been frozen - according to text messages we got this morning.

I only wish we had EBT cards, what with the price of groceries these days.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I have gotten 3 of these texts this week all from different numbers. Someone must be calling the numbers back for them to continue.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They are getting more creative and listing job applications.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
All the scams ive been getting lately, in text, voicemail, email, etc. all use the word “kindly.”

Kindly make your payment to recover funds

Kindly submit info to released package

Kindly update payment to access your Neftlix (sic) account

Kindly follow the link to review debits and make purchase.

I guess thats a customer servicey buzzword to try to garner trust in their target demographic or something. I dunno. But I never hear or see that word outside of scams nowadays.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
All the scams ive been getting lately, in text, voicemail, email, etc. all use the word “kindly.”

Kindly make your payment to recover funds

Kindly submit info to released package

Kindly update payment to access your Neftlix (sic) account

Kindly follow the link to review debits and make purchase.

I guess thats a customer servicey buzzword to try to garner trust in their target demographic or something. I dunno. But I never hear or see that word outside of scams nowadays.

I use "kindly" quite freqently in spoken and written communication...and not in a facetious, sarcastic or flippant manner...FWIW.

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a big clue as to subcontinent speech.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Suddenly I'm getting 2 or 3 of these spam texts every day.

All I can do is block the number, but of course that probably does no good because they're spoofing.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Expecting a phone call from my health insurance broker about Medicare for 2023, see an unfamiliar number but the correct area code so I answer it.

Automated message “This is Customs. A package has arrived for you, please press 1 to be connected to an agent regarding this package”

I was so excited with the news that I inadvertently pressed the “end call” button instead of “1”. Now I’ll never know what the package was!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
My cousin got clipped for $8000. I don't know the details but you shouldn't click on anything sent to by email.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I missed a chance today to get a $100 store credit from Walmart for answering a survey.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CVS keeps notifying me that I won a prize, too. I don't recall ever having been there except once to buy a coke.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wait until you see how huge my johnsons gonna be!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post