SIGforum
OH NO! Text says "Your Debit.Card have been locked..

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2990062694

November 14, 2022, 03:37 PM
fiasconva
OH NO! Text says "Your Debit.Card have been locked..
Just got a text from online.banking.activity.alerts-074 saying Call 866524166 Now! Your Debit.Card have been locked! Account-ID: (My landline number) Guess what you Freaking scamming piece of excrement? I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING DEBIT CARD!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra
November 14, 2022, 07:36 PM
tsmccull
Well, if you can get them to unlock it, maybe you will. Just be sure to get them to give you the PIN number for it so you can use it! And give them Bob Smith’s mailing address (he always resides at 100 Main St. in whatever town it is).
November 14, 2022, 10:27 PM
Well damn.....I thought I was the popular one and got all the scam mail. All Aboard! Big Grin

November 14, 2022, 10:29 PM
mindustrial
My Amazon acct gets frozen every month… and I don’t have one.
November 15, 2022, 12:32 AM
LoboGunLeather
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Well, if you can get them to unlock it, maybe you will. Just be sure to get them to give you the PIN number for it so you can use it! And give them Bob Smith’s mailing address (he always resides at 100 Main St. in whatever town it is).

Bob Smith is my brother-in-law, a genuinely good and decent guy. I'm sure he is tired of everybody dumping all that crap on his credit history.

Please find another name to use when discussing your financial issues with the nice gentleman or lady with marginal "English as a second language" issues sitting in a phone bank in a foreign country answering your calls.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders
November 15, 2022, 09:22 AM
flesheatingvirus
I've been getting calls about my 3-digit overdue power company bill.

Except it's with a power company that isn't in my area and I don't connect to.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
November 15, 2022, 10:04 AM
Pyker
Both my wife and I's EBT cards have been frozen - according to text messages we got this morning.

I only wish we had EBT cards, what with the price of groceries these days.
November 15, 2022, 11:15 AM
k5blazer
I have gotten 3 of these texts this week all from different numbers. Someone must be calling the numbers back for them to continue.
November 15, 2022, 11:23 AM
They are getting more creative and listing job applications.

November 15, 2022, 11:26 AM
PorterN
All the scams ive been getting lately, in text, voicemail, email, etc. all use the word “kindly.”

Kindly make your payment to recover funds

Kindly submit info to released package

Kindly update payment to access your Neftlix (sic) account

Kindly follow the link to review debits and make purchase.

I guess thats a customer servicey buzzword to try to garner trust in their target demographic or something. I dunno. But I never hear or see that word outside of scams nowadays.

November 15, 2022, 11:53 AM
bcereuss
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
All the scams ive been getting lately, in text, voicemail, email, etc. all use the word “kindly.”

Kindly make your payment to recover funds

Kindly submit info to released package

Kindly update payment to access your Neftlix (sic) account

Kindly follow the link to review debits and make purchase.

I guess thats a customer servicey buzzword to try to garner trust in their target demographic or something. I dunno. But I never hear or see that word outside of scams nowadays.

I use "kindly" quite freqently in spoken and written communication...and not in a facetious, sarcastic or flippant manner...FWIW.
November 15, 2022, 12:40 PM
ZSMICHAEL
It is a big clue as to subcontinent speech.
November 16, 2022, 08:57 PM
OKCGene
Suddenly I'm getting 2 or 3 of these spam texts every day.

All I can do is block the number, but of course that probably does no good because they're spoofing.
November 16, 2022, 11:09 PM
shovelhead
Expecting a phone call from my health insurance broker about Medicare for 2023, see an unfamiliar number but the correct area code so I answer it.

Automated message “This is Customs. A package has arrived for you, please press 1 to be connected to an agent regarding this package”

I was so excited with the news that I inadvertently pressed the “end call” button instead of “1”. Now I’ll never know what the package was!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
November 17, 2022, 11:33 AM
My cousin got clipped for $8000. I don't know the details but you shouldn't click on anything sent to by email.

November 17, 2022, 12:19 PM
egregore
I missed a chance today to get a $100 store credit from Walmart for answering a survey.
December 07, 2022, 05:50 PM
Fredward
CVS keeps notifying me that I won a prize, too. I don't recall ever having been there except once to buy a coke.
December 07, 2022, 06:57 PM
HRK
Wait until you see how huge my johnsons gonna be!