SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sneezing for over 10 minutes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sneezing for over 10 minutes Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Most times when I sneeze, it is a one shot deal. Once or twice a week I will have a sneezing fit that can last from 10 to 15 minutes. When I'm home no big deal, but when driving it can be a real pain.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allergic rhinitis. If it bothers you a lot seen an ENT.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, I have the same problem but my sneezing happens at least once a day and can last for 5 to 10 minutes. I have made all the environmental changes the doctors/allergies have suggested. This includes removing all carpet and installing hardwood floors, vent cleaning, special filters. Also installed a I-wave cleaner on the France. Nothing has helped.

I was hoping someone on the forum might have a answer or suggestions.

Posts: 40 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"God bless you" came from the archaic idea sneezing expelled bad spirits so, think positive when you sneeze that long. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
In the later 1970"s had a new younger female co-worker that if i got within 4ft for more than 2 minutes i would start sneezing and could not stop till physically removing myself from here presence.... she tried changing her perfume / hair shampoo/ bath soap / laundry detergent / body deodorant / facial cosmetics . never able to figure what was causing the sneezing episodes. We just accepted what was happening and tried to keep interactions short and sweet.................................................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
My father had the same issue. I know sometimes dust will cause me to sneeze for a while. A few years ago I started to notice that just before I get a head cold I would get the extended sneeze, then when clearing up I would also get it. That most likely is a coincidence but who knows.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Be grateful. I knew a woman who experienced orgasm with every sneeze. I asked her what she took for it. She said ground pepper.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
My wife sneezes three times, violently, when I arrive in a room. Most of the time. I am not sure why. I think it must be the dog.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother in law sneezes exactly 7 times every single time he has to sneeze

I thought that was totally weird and then his son did the same thing when he was not even 1 years old. We all looked at each other like WTF that first time. Both still do it to this day 15 years later.

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Be grateful. I knew a woman who experienced orgasm with every sneeze. I asked her what she took for it. She said ground pepper.

Haha!

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post