SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Need a new heat pump. Care to guess how much?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new heat pump. Care to guess how much? Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Well here it is Monday morning and I hope to get our proposal either today or tomorrow so there’s still time to play!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6330 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guy at work had an issue, called one of the larger local hvac companies. Oh, it’s the motherboard, you need new system…. $14,500.

( this is a 3 br, 2 ba brick ranch, gas furnace 1900sf). Ain’t happening, take your snake oil elsewhere.

Called an honest repair guy, cost him $235; there was some clogged ports.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 ton 14 seer, probably $8k. Just installed a variable speed 4 ton 20 seer on my home, old unit was 18 years old, and coils were leaking. Had 4 different, highly recommended companies, come out to quote 3 were really close to each other and the 4th was $2k higher on every level. It wasn't cheap, but we plan on staying in this house for at least 15 years.

Posts: 1182 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I had a 3 ton Carrier heat pump installed in December of 2021 for $4600. Probably be closer to $5000 now.

Posts: 673 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
3 ton 14 seer, probably $8k. Just installed a variable speed 4 ton 20 seer on my home, old unit was 18 years old, and coils were leaking. Had 4 different, highly recommended companies, come out to quote 3 were really close to each other and the 4th was $2k higher on every level. It wasn't cheap, but we plan on staying in this house for at least 15 years.

What all did this include?

Posts: 680 | Location: MA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Alright folks. I know you’ve been on the edge of your seats waiting for the results and here is the quote…

​Installation of a Trane TEM4A0B37M air handler, BAYHTR1510BRKC heater, and a Trane 4TWR4036N heat pump (14.3 SEER). Price includes reconnecting the duct to the air handler, high voltage, low voltage, drain, clean and check the refrigeration tubing for leaks, new thermostat and pad for the outdoor unit.

We hereby propose to furnish material and labor complete in accordance with above
specifications for the sum of: $7,782.29

Warranty: There will be one (1) year on labor & parts, Trane ten (10) years on parts, and Trane ten (10) years on compressor.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6330 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
As we all know it’s not only the brand but the installation/installer that is important.

We have used this firm for over a hundred homes and they are very good so I’m going with them…

------------------
Eddie

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:

Ox190 that was a very close estimate. Do you mind me asking how much your quote was and what were the specs? In my own vacation home we have 2, 3 ton units that will have to be replaced soon and we are looking to install higher end units in this home.

------------------
Eddie

posted Hide Post
What's the reason for re-using the old line set?

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Here in Missouri I just replaced our 2005 system with a York system last November. It was a friend so that may have impacted the price. He gave me 3 options (15/16/18 seer). His advice was that the options with higher seers were not worth the investment as the savings would never catch up with the costs.

18 Seer was quoted as:

Two units - 3 Ton & 2 Ton
2 Stage
10 Year Parts/Compressor Warranty
Limited Lifetime Compressor Warranty
1 Year Labor Warranty
96% Propane Furnaces 80,000 & 60,000 BTU
Variable Speed Blower
10 Year Parts Warranty
Lifetime Heat Exchanger Warranty
1 Year Labor Warranty
Aluminum Coil - 10 Year Parts - 1 Year Labor
All PVC Flue Plumbing
Media Air Filter & Box
Digitial Wifi Thermostats
UV Lights
High Voltage Whips
Limited Sheetmetal & Gas Piping Work
New Line Sets

$17,650

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15723 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post