SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Safariland
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safariland Login/Join 
Picture of schrack
posted
One of the best and we'll known products! Now for the actual Company, No Law enforcement or Military discounts kinda a slap in the face, the shipping, charge extra if ordered on phone purchase, the best part Shipped Fed Ex ground. Takes forever if you are on the East Coast. I have done a lot of shipping and think a Company of this size could do a lot better. Thanks for letting me vent, next order will be from ebay

Posts: 2490 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Always good to vent.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I don't get the complaints on charges from a company, when they explain those fees, the option to say no and order elsewhere is fully in our control, the only way those fees and costs hits someone's wallet is if they agree to the terms. Just say no deal.

Same for discounts for service, if the company doesn't offer it, then don't buy from them.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get my Safariland stuff from HolsterOps.com
I often get a discount from them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Maybe the LEO/Mil discounted price that you want is just the price they sell their stuff to everyone.

Would you prefer they mark everything up by 10% so that they can mark it back down for you?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
No Law enforcement or Military discounts
I'm always glad to get a discount, I will not turn one down if it's offered, but I don't think I have a gripe with a company that does not offer one.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I keep waiting to get a vet discount. Someone, anyone.

So far, not a single person gives me a veterinarian discount. Friggin' commies.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

Try PetSmart.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'ma waitin on my FOWG discount...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
No Law enforcement or Military discounts
I'm always glad to get a discount, I will not turn one down if it's offered, but I don't think I have a gripe with a company that does not offer one.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Buyers choice, buyers beware, yada, yada.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
My vet gives Military discount,lol

Posts: 2490 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always bought their gear from either online or in local stores. Usually get a better price there anyway.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
You are right, never again, why should a company who feeds off leo depts give a discount to those who prefer to buy Thier own equipment give them a discount. Most of the dealers and business's such as Lawman cut you a break . I was sucked in and found the product, ordered it so why do I have a bitch. Believe me in the future will be more aware. It's not the money just the principle. Have a nice day!

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've found most bases have a vet's office, least any decent size Army one i've been to.

Often offering free simple services.

Hell, we got one here on Oahu, life saver considering the cost of everything around here

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:

I've found most bases have a vet's office, least any decent size Army one i've been to.

Hell, we got one here on Oahu, life saver considering the cost of everything around here
Uh, Otto -- do you know what slabsides does for a living?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:

Uh, Otto -- do you know what slabsides does for a living?

Quick check of the ol profile shows hes indeed a vet!

Well, still good info Smile

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
The Military Vets are controlled by the Army, that is what I was told here at Dover which is an Air Force facility. The Staff is Army. Don't know if other branches fall under same guide lines. My Civilian Vet gives a 15% discount. Base vet is good only for meds and check ups, they don't do other services.

Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by schrack:
My vet gives Military discount,lol

Mine does too. Nice perk.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I get my Safariland stuff from HolsterOps.com
I often get a discount from them.

I buy all my Safariland stuff from them too. Always running 10-15% off sales, probably doing one for prez day coming up.

As far as vet vets offering discounts for other vets, no info there guys. Will have to find your own veteran veterinarians.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Wow. His joke is sailing far above many heads, it seems.

Lemme break it down for you, Barney-style. Big Grin

He was jokingly referring to wanting to get a discount for being a "vet"... (A veterinarian, rather than a veteran.)

slabsides45 is a veterinarian.

Posts: 32516 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post