SIGforum
You get what you pay for.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2910076464

December 25, 2019, 10:01 AM
You get what you pay for.
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:

From the time I bought them until now it is passed the return window.

I bought some brake lines from a place that didn't have the right connectors and that was back in October 8. I just got my refund yesterday after complaining to Ebay. I have had similar experiences with Amazon and will be returning an amplifier that doesn't work so it is worth a try.

December 25, 2019, 10:48 AM
Kraquin
Anymore you have to take that extra step on Amazon and check out who is supplying the product. There are a lot of counterfeit and low quality items from Russia, China and Mexico backed up by stellar fake reviews. It's gotten as bad as eBay but not quite as bad as Craigslist.
December 25, 2019, 12:21 PM
a1abdj
quote:
People will sell their sole to save 30 cents and it ends up costing them $30 in the long run.

A friend of mine used to say that Osama bin Laden Mart could have lines out the door if their prices were 10 cents less than Walmart.

www.zykansafe.com
December 25, 2019, 05:30 PM
David Lee
Amazon hires a lot of workers just to deal with return products. Funny thing is, they open the packages, check for missing parts and damage, reseal and label, right back into stock for resale. The damaged products end up in gaylords, shipped to warehouses where buyers bid to buy, much ends up at Flea Markets. Flooding the Country with china made goods.
December 26, 2019, 09:25 AM
AirmanJeff
Certain parts I will only buy from an online dealer. For my GM cars I use GMpartsdirect.com but there are a bunch out there. The cost is often comparable to Amazon but sometimes they will butt rape you on shipping so you have to watch for that.
December 26, 2019, 12:58 PM
rtquig
From this point forward, I will use Rock Auto, GM parts direct, or the local auto stores. No more Amazon for auto parts. Free shipping from Amazon was usually the tie breaker, no more.

Living the Dream
December 27, 2019, 10:27 AM
PowerSurge
I checked the plugs on my parents’ CRV. They are all authentic NGK’s.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1
December 27, 2019, 04:07 PM
erj_pilot
I wouldn't TOTALLY rule out Amazon for parts. I bought a set of front headlamps that were the bomb-diggity! Just have to do your due diligence and be smart about what you're purchasing. Obviously the more critical the part, the more research I'd be doing. JMHO.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
December 27, 2019, 08:24 PM
PowerSurge
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I wouldn't TOTALLY rule out Amazon for parts. I bought a set of front headlamps that were the bomb-diggity! Just have to do your due diligence and be smart about what you're purchasing. Obviously the more critical the part, the more research I'd be doing. JMHO.....

I’ve ordered thousands of dollars of parts and maintenance items through Amazon and Rockauto and never had a problem. Main thing is stick to name brand parts and if the price is too good to be true it usually is.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1
December 27, 2019, 09:23 PM
rtquig
In the past I have bought AC Delco struts and shocks with no issue. I still have a few Mobil 1 oil filters left to install. All of the air and cabin filters came from Amazon. I'm currently in Georgia and will contact Amazon when I get home next weekend.

Living the Dream