SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bitcoin investment scams
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bitcoin investment scams Login/Join 
posted
One new connection on LinkedIn started with small talk and then talked about his investing success. If I create a forex.com account with $1000 in it and add him as manager, he guarantees profits of 10% each week.

Next, two people approached me on Telegram and after some small talk started pushing some MLM crypto mining/investing company called Octanechain.ltd. They also promise crazy profits. Interestingly, there's very little mention online of the company even though they say they have 40K investors.

I've been leading them on with questions for a while to see how they answer questions. Is anyone else being approached by these scammers?

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
That stuff isn’t in my circles, I would delete & be blocking all of it.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Anyone who guarantees you a certain amount of profit is running a scam, regardless of what he's selling, bitcoin or stocks or equities or whatever.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
invested my $1 in Nigerian Bit Coin, said his uncle's cousin had a sister who's brother worked for a wealthy family sheik who would turn it into a million bucks..

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pump and dump is how 90% of those crypto investments work. The guy saying he needs to be added as a manager sounds like he’s working a pyramid scheme with the ability to run with your money.

And like Flash-LB said if anyone guarantees a certain profit it’s a guaranteed scam. No one knows what any market is going to do much less 10% PER WEEK. Come on.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's funny because every beautiful young asian girl I match on a dating app immediate wants to go to WhatsApp (NOT used in east Asia but universal in India) and then talk to me about crypto investing.

Crypto is pure pyramid scam. Why there hasn't been a crackdown by the SEC yet I have no idea.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post