SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Local family that is constantly looking for donations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local family that is constantly looking for donations Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
My mother worked with a lady who had a $600 water bill.

How the hell does one use so much water to get a $600 bill?

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When we do the local shop with a cop thing here, someone has to stand at the checkout and draw a line through every bar code with a sharpie. This is to prevent the parents returning everything their kid bought for cash

^^^^^^^^^^
Get their pic and post it on the door. Gift for kid hocked for cash by parent.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

My mother worked with a lady who had a $600 water bill.
How the hell does one use so much water to get a $600 bill?
Don't pay your bill for a few months. It will add up quickly.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Well, when you are rewarded for bad or no behavior, you will keep it up until it no longer works.

This! If what they do is working, then there’s no reason to change.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Charity starts at home, homeless and the truly destitute do have a need and it is up to you to determine if you want to fill the need. BUT many in society do know how to pluck the heartstrings of others!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in the IA/IL Quad Cities, and every fall the area high schools hold a hunger drive where each school tries to "win" by collecting the largest weight of food.

https://qctimes.com/community/...8a-0f80bb289bb1.html

I expect high school students to be naïve and idealistic, but I wonder if in say, ten years some of them will realize "This will never end if we keep giving food to the same people."

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Don't give them any money, and don't give them another thought.

Don't rent them space in your head.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I live in the IA/IL Quad Cities, and every fall the area high schools hold a hunger drive where each school tries to "win" by collecting the largest weight of food.

https://qctimes.com/community/...8a-0f80bb289bb1.html

I expect high school students to be naïve and idealistic, but I wonder if in say, ten years some of them will realize "This will never end if we keep giving food to the same people."

I kind of hate to make this comparison, but I will.

You ever notice that when you go into Yellowstone or somewhere like it, there are a ton of signs that say "don't feed the animals?" That's because if you do, they'll become dependent on the handouts.

The same is true of people unfortunately.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Right here. Sorry not sorry.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Yep. There will never be a shortage of people like this or the dupes that enable them. Don't waste any time or energy concerning yourself with either

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Even though I’m retired still working part time, gotta have something to do. Last year and this year on my way home there is a guy that is begging at the same intersection every evening in Novi.

Within one and a half miles from there are multiple places where he could get a job, Kroger, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Meijer, Target, Providence Hospital, one car dealership and an RV dealership et al. But he still begs. Great gig, picks his own hours, no taxes paid.

Would not surprise me if he is on public assistance of some sort. And he begs within a quarter mile of a Park and Ride lot. I have been tempted to park and see what he drives off in when he gets off “shift” at his corner.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Welfare mentality.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I do final expense life insurance sales, and that demographic is usually pretty low income. Once in a while I pull up to an address for an appt, see a pretty big house in a nice neighborhood and think to myself, "These folks ain't my people. They're not buyers." But then I go in the house and it's a total wreck inside, pack to the gils with junk, three adult kids and sometimes grandkids living there too, no one working and the house is a rental. Normally these folks would be living in a ghetto apt complex in a rough neighborhood. But if they pool all their disability or SS income together, they can sometimes get a place that looks like they're doing ok.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
In my county a mother from south of the Rio Grande and her kids set up a begging stand where the boy pretends to play his violin along with a sound system spewing forth a backing track. Everyone is in awe of the 12-year old stage gestures and skill (think Lindsay Stirling). Money pours in. Being a violinist, I can see he is not actually playing the notes, is not plugged into the sound system, and has no musical talent. The sadness is that the mother essentially prostitutes her son, teaching him to lie, cheat, and steal from good people.

I think that those who give are rewarded for their acts, regardless of the false premise.

I think that those who steal are held accountable for their acts, regardless of their presumed poverty.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I think that those who give are rewarded for their acts, regardless of the false premise.

I think that those who steal are held accountable for their acts, regardless of their presumed poverty.
EXACTLY! Nail on head right there. “Be a cheerful (but wise) giver…”.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post