SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The state of public transportation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The state of public transportation Login/Join 
posted
Metro Transit reminds riders to not defecate on trains or sexually assault passengers
"Transit property is not a public restroom," the new rules read.

Edited

Re-edited

You want the link?
I thought it was part of the issue.

Please advise,
https://alphanews.org/metro-tr...-assault-passengers/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MoosehornMan,

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 332 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thread titles with no information on the contents aren't appreciated. Worse than that is absolutely nothing in the post except a link.

Posts: 17704 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All news items must be accompanied by a link.

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

All news items must be accompanied by a link.
There was a link originally -- I followed it, to see the story, and was going to post a smart-assed comment, but OP seems to have disappeared the link when he edited to un-click bait the title.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have actually seen this sign in public restrooms before. Like policies at work, you know it wouldn't be there if somebody didn't make it necessary. But like the metro situation...if somebody's broken enough to do that thing in the first place, a sign ain't gonna help.

(Edited to use a smaller picture)

Posts: 9302 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I didn't see a link when I looked at this.

Now you know what's required: The tile should clearly indicate the subject matter, and if the post contains a news item, a link to that news item must be included.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I didn't see a link when I looked at this.

Now you know what's required: The tile should clearly indicate the subject matter, and if the post contains a news item, a link to that news item must be included.

Thank you Parabellum, I am a noob here and I do
apologize and will try not to piss anyone off.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 332 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's merely a matter of housekeeping.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoosehornMan:

You want the link? I thought it was part of the issue.
To clarify, there were two problems with the original post:
  1. The title did not really say anything, it was sort of like "click me" but did not really have any information.

2. The body of the post had nothing except the link. Yes, the link is required, but the post should have a bit of information, at least a sentence or a paragraph summarizing the linked article. Definitely should be enough so that the reader has an idea what it's about, and enough information so that the reader can decide whether it's worth following the link to read the whole article.

Another thing that is really helpful, sometimes the article might be behind a paywall, or require a subscription to read. In that case, many folks will copy the article and paste it into their post.
Stick around, look at some of the posts here, and you'll catch on. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
For four years, 2002-2006, I was a frequent rider of public transportation in Chicago: the Metra and the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA trains and buses). It was kinda shady back then, would definitely not ride it these days, especially when the sun has gone down.

My undergrad, the University of Illinois at Chicago, had a CTA pass included in our tuition each semester. It was about $55 back then, non-refundable. Some of the students who didn't use it, those who drove in or lived close enough to walk to campus, sold theirs. The pass was for unlimited rides on the CTA for that entire semester 5 days prior to the start of the semester and 5 days after the end of the semester. It was a great pass to have when I would have a long gap in between classes. I'd take the train down to Chinatown for lunch.

Posts: 13321 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This is a variant on the saying "Hard cases make bad law."

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I have actually seen this sign in public restrooms before. Like policies at work, you know it wouldn't be there if somebody didn't make it necessary. But like the metro situation...if somebody's broken enough to do that thing in the first place, a sign ain't gonna help.

(Edited to use a smaller picture)

At my last job, there were weekly expenses of fixing the toilets for clogging up. There were a lot of immigrant workers there who apparently aren't used to using toilet paper. Toilet seats were often dirty from the soles of shoes as people did squat over the toilet instead of sitting on them. The small openings between the wall and the stall wall? They would hang toilet paper as if they were afraid someone was going to peek inside while they were taking a dump.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The “how to use a toilet” sign was up everywhere in New Zealand when we visited it during Chinese New Year in 2020. Yes, it was for the mainland Chinese. Taiwanese, South Koreans not a problem.

Posts: 18437 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
The times we live in.
You have to tell people not to shit, or rape, on a bus.

Posts: 3274 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post