SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Who goes barefoot at the movies?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who goes barefoot at the movies?! Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted
Mrs Highlander and I went to see Horizon last night. The theater was full and has reclining seats. The older couple sitting next to us both proceeded to remove their shoes and sit there barefoot. What adult with even a modicum of self-awareness does this? This isn’t your f’ng living room! God damn patchouli stinking dirty hippies.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2433 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To answer your question: toddlers. That's the only acceptable group of people that should do this without a Dr. note.

Manners. I miss a society with manners.

Posts: 816 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The last movie theater (the Rangravision here in Jerkwater) I visited had so much semi-dried soft drink residue on the floor, I doubt anybody takes their shoes off there.

Posts: 27195 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Fuckin’ grody weirdo’s thats who.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deliverance outtakes. Takes shoes off before entering bathroom as well.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Monsters.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2084 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dummies. Who knows what's on that floor. Also, what happens if you have to evac the Theatre, now you gotta find and put your shoes back on.

Posts: 4772 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Who goes barefoot at the movies? The same heathens that do the same thing on airplanes.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7309 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Mrs Highlander and I went to see Horizon last night. The theater was full and has reclining seats. The older couple sitting next to us both proceeded to remove their shoes and sit there barefoot. What adult with even a modicum of self-awareness does this? This isn’t your f’ng living room! God damn patchouli stinking dirty hippies.

Things like this is why I stopped going on my own free will to the theater in like 2006. Only started up again recently because I've taken my friends kids to a few. I do not have a crazy setup at home here but it's nice enough, I can pause it to hit the bathroom, the food is better, no one is doing weird shit and even if I buy the movie off iTunes or whatever and pickup a pizza, it is still way cheaper than going to a filthy theater.

Posts: 2225 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:

It’s not a Quentin Tarantino movie is it?

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2149 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
The same dirtbags you see in the airplane walking into the pissy floor bathrooms

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Ick!

Posts: 6531 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do.

I were flip flops near 100% of the time and I will take them off when in a theater with recliners due to being short and them always falling off anyway when i raist my feet.

I do not nor will not walk around without them though, as soon as insit back up my feet are back in them.

Unless it's a very short flight (30min or less) I wear my keens on planes.

Posts: 666 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
The same dirtbags you see in the airplane walking into the pissy floor bathrooms

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7660 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post